It’s time for a brand new challenge for the New Year: 2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Me. The challenge itself is a personal one, though we do have a few rules and a giveaway at the end of the challenge!
Sign Up is between 22nd December and 1st February, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st 2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for books and book blogging (though we’re not too mean…one of your resolutions can be a personal goal!) You can sign up via blog post, Facebook, Tsu or Goodreads!
1. Create between 1 and 5 resolutions related to books/book blogging (there are examples below but you can make up your own)
2. If you have 2 or more resolutions than 1 can be unrelated to books/book blogging
3. Create a sign up post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before Feb 1st)
4. On the 30th of each month (and the 28th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura’s or My blogs
5. This is a year long challenge, so you can’t add resolutions that could be done in a day these must be year long goals.
6. For each goal you complete you get one entry into the giveaway that will be in our wrap up post on December 31, 2015
We’ll be giving away two $10 Amazon gift cards at the end of December 2015. You get one entry per resolution (via a Rafflecopter form) but we need to be able to track your progress via the monthly updates! Plus it’s a great way to keep up to date with other people’s progress!
As this is a personal challenge everyone is likely to set different goals! But to make things easier, we’ve come up with some examples!
• Get my Netgalley percentage up to XX % (percent is up to you!)
• Read XX number of Netgalley books this year/per month (remember that this needs to be a year long goal!)
• Read XX number of books by debut authors/authors that are new to me this year/each month
• Complete X number of challenges this year
(This challenge does not count towards the total. Mini-challenges within a bigger challenge do not count separately)
• Read XX number of crime (or any other genre) books this year/each month
• Only spend £XX/$XX on books this year/per month
• Listen to X number of audio books this year/per month
• Read X number of paperbacks this year/per month
• Read X number of classics this year
• Read all blog tour books a week/month/two days before post date
• Participate in X number of read-a-thons (read-a-thons as a part of larger challenges count separately)
• Only one-click on amazon X times per month/week
• Read X number of books per week/month that were books you’ve bought, which can be free.
• Read X number of sequels this year/per month
• Read X number of books with ‘salmon’ in the title (word is changeable. If you’re interested there are actually 862 results for salmon in the Kindle Store)
• Read X number of books that I already own
• Read X number of non-fiction books
Examples of personal goals (you only can do 1 and only if you have two book/blog related goals):
• Lose X amount of weight
• Start writing that book you always wanted to write
• Exercise more (book blog walkers goals count here)
• Do random acts of kindness through the year
• Learn another language
• Take up a new hobby
Tweet your progress to #BookishResolutions
Grab the button and link back to this post.
Sign-Up & Link-Up
Create a post (blog, Facebook, Tsu, Goodreads) listing your 1-5 resolutions.
Link up your goals here! Be sure to link your goal post and not your blog homepage.
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or email us Michelle @ Limabean74@aol.com or Laura @ email@example.com