It’s time to celebrate SPRING!
Reminder on how it works….
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. We’re going back to that as the basis, with some seasonal twists.
At the end of each season, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The last Thursday of each season (except December, where she’ll finish out the year), Michelle will randomly select and announce the winner for the season and share the sign up for the next season (including a reminder of the rules). This means that all reviews for the season must be in the linky by 12 noon EST on the last Wednesday of the month. Any reviews entered after 12 noon EST will go towards the next season. But keep following the current rules for the remainder of the month.
Each Season brings a new challenge so if you didn’t participate in Winter but want to Join Spring you are welcome to do that. You do not have to participate in all seasons, you can pick and choose which seasons you want to join.
The Winter for Winter COYER is….
80. Linda @ (un) Conventional Bookworms | Risk – Dannika Dark
I will email you on Friday! Congrats Linda! <3
COYER Spring: March – June
We’ve never had a COYER Spring exactly before. But, much like the seasons, we’re going to thaw out a bit. The rules will get a little looser, without completing melting away. Your rules for the spring (beginning March 1) will be:
- Format doesn’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books.
- The books must be free or nearly free… This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks and $5 for physical books(or the equivalent in your currency). This time library books (including Amazon Prime books) and borrowed books count… but still no Kindle Unlimited/Audible Plus, ebooks higher than $2, or physical books higher than $5.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Spring, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share February 25th.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, but Michelle will start pulling winners after Winter reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter. We’re going to try and use twitter a lot more this year (like we used to). Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
Michelle will post the Spring winner on June 24th. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST June 23rd for them to be included in the Spring drawing. Any reviews entered after 12 noon June 23rd will go to the Summer drawing. Keep following Spring rules through the end of June. Summer Rules will begin July 1.
You are still welcome to Join COYER Community, check out the original post and follow the link to the Facebook Group!It's time to sign up for #COYER Season ~ Spring! with New Seasonal Rules! Come Join the fun! Click To Tweet