Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
These updates are always going to be a week behind, covering Saturday – Friday of the week prior, since my goal is to write blog posts each Sunday and that gives me a chance to write the update post.
I did fairly well this week, though I struggled with being super tired. I listened to my body and chose sleep several times that resulted in me not fully meeting goals. But I think it was the right decision.
Emotional Health Goals
I’m continuing to do a good job of not letting my job rule me. I’m leaving work everyday by the time planned and I’m doing surprisingly well with leaving a big to-do list undone. Turns out I really can say okay to not doing everything. So my emotional health goals:
- Do my miracle morning in some form everyday I did several very modified forms as I got more and more tired this week, but I did it!
- Do my miracle night every night, again, modifying Friday and Saturday nights I missed some nights this week due to being tired.
- Practice self-care from a massage, seeing my health coach, or therapist at least once a week Had a massage on Thursday 🙂
The gym is back to being a regular part of my life. Yay!! Even tired, I’m feeling strong and in pretty good shape. My Fitness Goals:
- Do 3 cardio workouts a week – jogging at least 1 time and at Grit I did Cardio on Saturday & Wednesday, so I missed one. I jogged on Sunday.
- Do 3 strength workouts a week I did 2 strength workouts on Saturday and one on Wednesday, so I met this goal.
- Do yoga or foam rolling 5 times a week ummm, this was a fail. *shrugs*
I feel mostly good with this. I had book club on Tuesday, which meant Sushi. I tracked what I ate, skipped the alcohol and felt really good about how I did end of the day. On Thursday, though, I had a Braums craving and caved. It was yummy but not sure it was worth it, though I did not gain weight on Friday so maybe I didn’t do too badly. My January eating goals:
- Reverse track (record what I plan to eat the night before) my food Monday – Friday at minimumI did this, Monday – Thursday.
- Eat more veggies, fruits, and protein than treat foods each day honestly, even o Thursday I did this.
- Get back to not drinking within 30 minutes before or after a meal This goal is such a non-starter. I keep forgetting about it.
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each dayI fell short a couple days, but still drank a lot of water everyday.
That’s my progress update for last week. For those that don’t know already, I try to check in each morning and each night on Instagram so be sure to follow me there. I’m @berlssc.