Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Recommitting for April
With every fresh month,there’s a fresh opportunity to commit to goals. I think it’s a great chance to look at what has been working and what needs to be revamped too. So it’s both looking forward and looking back. In a lot of ways, I feel like March had some positives in it, but there’s also a lot for me to work on moving forward in April.
Emotional Health Goals
This is where I feel like I have a lot of work to do. I have been obsessing over the scale and pregnancy weight gain. I haven’t given myself much credit for what I’m doing right and have been beating myself up over ever mistake. So my goals will, in part, be about addressing that and finding some mental peace.
- Do my miracle morning in some form everyday – even if it’s modified on the weekend
- Do my miracle night every night, again, modifying Friday and Saturday nights
- Take two, two minute 4-square breathing breaks every day.
- Practice re-framing my attitude to myself and learn to say “I forgive myself for judging myself for _______” to prevent downward spirals.
I have a lot going on in the realm of fitness this month! I finish my Spin Instructor training by teaching a Mock Class Sunday April 14th – Yikes! And April 19th I take my AFAA instructor certification exam. April 28th I have my Turbo Kick by Beach Body training and then May 4th I audition to be an instructor for both Spin and Turbo Kick at my Gym. So lots to do this month…
- Take 1 spin and 1 Turbo Kick class each week to get better at form and class structure
- Practice teaching at least 2 times a week for 1 hour each time.
- Get in at least 2 classes per week for enjoyment/fitness, not instruction
- Study for AFAA exam 30 minutes each night before Miracle Night
I feel like I actually have found a decent rhythm the past couple weeks with my eating and if I can just keep that up maybe I will stop this ridiculous weight gain that seems to be happening with my pregnancy. fingers crossed
- Fill in daily health log every night before bed
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily
- Drink a veggie smoothie or eat a salad every day to fill veggie needs
- Pair protein with healthy fat at every meal
- Plan and prep food for the week on Sunday
So those are my goals for April. I’m trying not to focus too much on the scale right now, but since I’m being honest here – I definitely am hoping that I will not gain any weight in April and would love it if I lost some. I’ve already gained 25 pounds this pregnancy, which is what I was supposed to gain over the entire 9 months. So my focus is being healthy, but if that could result in some stabilizing of my weight that would be great!
For those that don’t know already, I try to check in each morning and each night on Instagram so be sure to follow me there. I’m @berlssc.