Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for August 1 – 7, 2020
I set 6 goals at the start of the month that I’m focused on right now. Here’s how I’m doing:
- Lose 8 lbs. I’m pretty sure I’m up right now. But I’m not weighing in until the end of the month, so we’ll see.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. I did five 10 minute workouts last week. This seems to be working well, quick workouts while Dante eats.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I walked Buffy 6 times last week. So one day off.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. I only did soda on Saturday.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. I really struggle figuring out my hunger levels and this really backfired last week. By time I finally ate, I think I was famished. So I’m dropping this goal. It’s doesn’t work for me.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. I did this on at least 1 meal 2 days last week… which is not great. Going to try to do much better this week.
Monday I started a 10 day emotional eating challenge that my nutritionist is hosting and I’m really excited to see how it helps me to get better at understanding my hunger triggers. I know I’m an emotional eater (which has a lot to do with why I have trouble with knowing my hunger levels). I’ll update on that a bit next week as well.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 8/21: Update for 8/8 – 8/14
- Friday 8/28: Update for 8/15 – 8/21
- Tuesday 9/1: Goals for September!
- Friday 9/4: Update for 8/22 – 8/28
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11