Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for August 8-14, 2020
I set 6 goals at the start of the month that I’m focused on right now. Here’s how I’m doing:
- Lose 8 lbs. I’ll see at the end of the month. I’m not weighing during the month because I don’t handle the scale well.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. I did five 10 minute workouts this week. I feel like some workouts were way better than others though. I’ve decided that I need to make the 10 minutes focus on toning or stretching since I get my cardio taking Buffy for walks.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I only got in four 30 minute walks this week. But I did get in a fifth 10 minute walk, so pretty close.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. I only did soda on Saturday.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. Cut this goal, it doesn’t work for me & backfires.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. Out of 21 meals, I did this for 13 meals. Okay, but I can do better. I know when I eat slower I eat less.
My 10 day emotional eating challenge kicked off on the 10th and it’s definitely helped me to recognize when I’m eating out of boredom, stress, or just because it’s “time” to eat. I know I have a lot of room to improve in this area, but I think just being mindful is a good start.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 8/28: Update for 8/15 – 8/21
- Tuesday 9/1: Goals for September!
- Friday 9/4: Update for 8/22 – 8/28
- Friday 9/11: Update for 8/29 – 9/4
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11
- Friday 9/25: Update for 9/12 – 9/18