In Real Life:
This week I am starting with Real life because a lot has happened this week…I promise to not make it long-winded, I’ll save that for the blogging section. Lets do bullet point. 🙂
- The weather has lost its damn mind, we are now in spring, in winter. It was 70 on Friday and Saturday dropped to 63 and rained. Next week it’s going to drop again into the low 50s….I give up trying to figure out what is going on.
- The kids had a weird school week. The little girl was off Mon and Tues, the big boy was off all week. Everyone goes back on Monday…YAY! 🙂
- I am sick….like stuffy head, clogged ears, sore throat, sneezing, squishy nose and coughing. It’s been fun. Sorry for not visiting, I barely moved when I got home from work this week.
- This next one might not be a good bullet point but it’s news some of you will be happy to hear.
As most know my son is on a cocktail of meds to help control his anxiety, mood disorder, depression, ADHD, behavior, ect. Last week, I thought his medicine for anxiety wasn’t working anymore. So I spoke to his nurse last Thursday and she said lets ween him off and start him on something new. Great, he had off this week so if he had really bad anxiety because of no meds, no problem he was home. Well we started on Last Saturday, cutting down two pills to one for three days, then half a pill for 3 more before switching to the new meds, by Monday, I swear he was a completely different kid….Like 90% better! Happy, not screaming or cursing. When he didn’t get what he wanted, it would be like a sad “normal” kid attitude. He is a bit hormonal now that he is 12 and most of what I have seen this week is NORMAL KID REACTIONS! Now screaming or yelling, no cursing, he has been awesome with his sister, no back talking just NORMAL KID BEHAVIOR! Like any 12 year old kid. He does still have some issues that need to be addressed but OMG! I called the nurse on Thursday and told her what I was seeing, I suggested just keeping him on half a pill for now just in case and she agreed and said if he is still doing good by the summer we can take him off. BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A VERY LONG TIME! BUT, now it makes me think that all this time, with all that has happened, was probably from this medicine…all that grief never was needed because it might have been from the medicine. So please keep your fingers crossed the real test will be next week when he goes back to school. If he can contain himself at school! OMG This is just HUGE! Sorry I promised not to be long winded…I lied…but I couldn’t pass up telling this story. I will let you know how he does next week. *FINGERS CROSSED*
On the blog:
If you look to your right you will notice I only have two…YES…two reviews for this month. Let me explain, when the blog had issues last week I panicked and moved EVERYTHING! just in case. Then I thought why not try to be ahead on reviews and post all the books I read this month, next month. So that is what I am doing. All books read this month will be posted next month.
Now I just need to actually write the 6 reviews I have to do 🙂 I am hoping by the time this posts I will have that finished. I finished them! so I have no outstanding reviews and a month full-ish of reviews.
I didn’t do a lot of blogging during the week but I did a bunch on Friday, Saturday and continuing today. COYER ends Friday, March 3rd and we are already planning for summer. If this one wasn’t your cup of tea, I am pretty sure you will be happy with Summer. March 1st starts Blog Ahead so I am hoping that helps me get a bunch of post done so I can have a more relaxed Summer. Lets just hope this snotty nose goes away and I can get back to my normal self….that would be awesome! 🙂
What I’m Watching:
Bones…I have still been watching Bones 😉
Last Week on the Blog:
- [20 Feb] Cover Characteristic ~ Embracing Couple
- [21 Feb] Sort of the same idea but different ~ Task It Tuesday!
- [22 Feb] YALit Giveaway Giveaway Party! with Xpresso Book Tours
- [23 Feb] #TakeControlTBR Sign Up Post
- [23 Feb] Blog Ahead Mini Challenge Sign Up Post
- [24 Feb] Bad Nanny by C.M. Stunich blitz with Xpresso Book Tours
- [25 Feb] The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1) by Kazu Kibuishi ★★★★
- [26 Feb] Good News, Sick and One Review ~ WIR & TSP
What you might see this week:
- Cover Characteristics ~ Red (this will no longer be weekly, it’s more work than I expected)
- Task It Tuesday ~ Lots to do, I am on a roll
- Bookish Resolutions Update Post
- Monthly Book Report
- Monthly Rewind
- Review ~ Tyrant by TM Frazier
Books read & currently reading:
I had a great reading week, Turner Street was short but amazing and Hollow Blood was suppose to be a short read but for some reason seemed a lot longer than I thought.
New on the Bookshelf/Kindle:
I was sick all week and didn’t even bother looking, I did request one but haven’t been approved yet. I am sure I will make up for my no books this week, next week. 🙂
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!