Since I am doing a few challenges this year I thought I would use this space as an update for how I am doing with the challenges and how my month went in reading. The book report is all about the books.
I did very good this month, at least compared to last year. Had my first 5 star review (last one was September 2018) and have been giving out more 3 stars then I have had in a while. I believe my mood is changing to a different genre and I couldn’t be happier because I LOVE fantasy and apparently I am craving SciFi also. If I want to escape reality these are the best options for it. lol
LifeL1k3 was amazing, I can’t wait for the next book which just so happens to come out on my birthday!
For the Reading Assignment I have decided to pick KN Lee for the first semester. I am loving her books, I am going to switch in the summer semester to another author but for now I am planning to binge as much as I can because she has a TON of books that are just amazing and since some of them are fantasy this is a prefect fix for my current mood.
I am hoping my reading will continue like this in Feb. I want to get some audio books in if I can. I plan to start listening to those when I start designing again at the end of this month. Fingers crossed this is a good reading year!
- [8 Jan] Read Me Romance Last Week | Bombshell by Jen Frederick
- [8 Jan] Bombshell by Jen Frederick ★★★½
- [10 Jan] On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century by Timothy Snyder ★★★★
- [17 Jan] Read Me Romance Last Week | Rolling the Dice by Alessandra Torre
- [17 Jan] Rolling the Dice by ★★★
- [19 Jan] Just a Few Original Sin books by Huss & McClain
- [19 Jan] Sin with Me by J.A. Huss, Jonathan McClain ★★★★
- [19 Jan] Angels Fall by J.A. Huss, Jonathan McClain ★★★★
- [19 Jan] Flesh Into Fire by J.A. Huss, Jonathan McClain ★★★★
- [19 Jan] Passion Rising by J.A. Huss, Jonathan McClain ★★★★
- [21 Jan] Read Me Romance Last Week | Mated to the Reaper by Alexa Riley
- [21 Jan] Mated to the Reaper by Alexa Riley ★★★½
- [22 Jan] A Potion to Die For by Heather Blake ★★★
- [24 Jan] The Transparency Tonic (Potion Masters, #2) by Frank L. Cole ★★★★
- [26 Jan] Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff ★★★★★
- [28 Jan] Read Me Romance Last Week | Bounced into Love by Rochelle Paige
- [28 Jan] Bounced Into Love by ★★★★
- [29 Jan] Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes ★★★★
Books I read
2019 Reading Assignment ~ Spring Semester
- Mrs. Author Luv K.N. Lee ~ 3 Books
- Professor Genre ~ Fairytale Retellings
- Professor Mix-It-Up
- The Queen Rising
- a Conspiracy of Stars
- LifeLik3 ~ LOVED IT! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This book is HUGE so I am slowly starting the first few chapters. I wanna see how the stories go and how much I will be able to read each month. I am starting this in February.
- Realms and Rebels: A Paranormal and Fantasy Reverse Harem Collection
(Trust No Evil #1)
2019 Pick a Theme
This is a background challenge. I plan to squeeze these in as I read since the Anthology is reverse harem I am pretty much going to be ok with this challenge in February.
- Jan – Fairytale Retelling ~ 3 book
- Feb ~ Reverse Harem
Tackle my TBR 25-36 Books
I honestly can’t remember what the rules of this challenge are. I think it’s books on your TBR before this year, at least that is what I plan to do. I’ll add a totally each month
- 3 book
2019 Bookish Resolutions
- Read 25 Books Already on my Bookshelf or Kindle ~ 3
- Read 20 Physical Books from my Bookshelf ~ 3
- Finish 3 Trilogies this year ~ Still need to figure what I want to read.
- Goodreads Goal 100 Books ~ 9
- Start 3 New Series with more than 5 Books ~ Still need to figure what to read
- Spend an hour a Day Reading ~ I have been, it feels so good to spend at least an hour read a day.
Thanks for stopping by
Have a great day and Happy Reading!