The cover is AMAZING and I love Gwenda’s Lois Lane series so how can I pass up the chance to read this book. The book’s setting is in a paranormal hotel which gave this book another bonus point. It wasn’t until I started reading did I realize I was about to have a problem.
What I liked:
- The setting, I love the idea of a hotel that hosts paranormal beings. The possibilities are endless when it comes to something like that.
- The story started off as very interesting but that was pretty much where it ended.
What I didn’t Like:
- Info dump, like so much information, I honestly couldn’t keep up and just stopped caring.
- The characters were not my favorite, I did however like the elevator but the Main Characters were a little flat.
- The story fell apart and was taking too long. In MG to keep kids attentions you need a lot of action, this was a lot of lord of the rings walking around. By 50% I wanted them to just get it over with already.
I really wanted to like this but once I hit 55% I was out, I didn’t want to waste anymore time trying to get into this book when I just wasn’t a fan of the characters. I think younger kids would really enjoy the book maybe as an adult this just wasn’t for me. I would love to see if one of my kids would read it and get a different opinion because I honestly think it was just me.Not my favorite but would be great for Middle Grade kids. Click To Tweet
[inlinkz_linkup id=729152 mode=1]
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!