- I really enjoyed the cover of this book, love covers with the steampunk look.
- MG & Steampunk? Yes Please!
- Enjoyed the Writing flow right from the start, knew they were going to be characters I liked.
The Story & Characters:
- The story takes place in an apocalyptic future. I want to say very close to our time maybe a little further ahead. Loved all the references they would make about the “past”. They even messed up the meaning of some things which made it really funny.
- The Story is told in one POV Chess, I actually enjoyed all the kids in this book. I wanted more character development, but the world build was pretty good, I actually found it very interesting how the world was destroyed.
- The book has a LOT of information in the beginning and it seemed a little slow however the end makes up for it with it’s fast paced action. I am hoping the next books will have a lot more action in it since a lot of what was in this books was build and information.
- I really liked everything about this book and can’t wait to continue the adventure in the next book.
- Overall I think this is a great book with a really great story. I loved the build of the world and the background of how the world is in ruins.
- I would recommend to MG and Adults. This has a lot of fun references and some parts make me laugh. I adored the kids and think this is the start of a great series.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!