I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on January 1st 1970
Genres: 18+, Contemporary, Romance, Sexual Content
"I'm a monster's son, princess, and you belong to a hero."
Focused and in control at all times. Most people think I'm a prick--and I'll be the first to admit that's probably true. But I'd rather be a take-no-shit cop than the kind of man genetics says I should be. You break the law, you pay the price. I don't give a damn if you're the captain's daughter or the Queen of friggin' England.
I have no patience for the cocky men my father oversees. Or maybe it's just Sergeant Hardass who gets under my skin. Not only is he sexy as sin, he refuses to cut me a break. And now I have to work with the arrogant jerk.
I shouldn't want him, but a secret part of me craves his unforgiving edge. He could give me everything I need, but, first, I have to break down his walls.
I have to make him bend.
I have been looking for more Adult books to read and after reading the synopsis I knew this book was going to fit that perfectly. The cover is hot and the idea of police officers…yum!
The Story & Characters:
- Two complete opposites always make the perfect couple. These two were funny and intense. I loved them.
- Kinsey Mallory is a police captain’s daughter. She wants no part of dating a police officer. She is the manager of a sexy lingerie store and someone is taking stuff from her. Unfortunately the officer on call is the last person she wants to work with.
- Trent Clark is a sexy police officer with a sad past. He has a loving family but he is a complete hardass. His one favorite things to do is harass the captain’s daughter. He finds her to be hot but he knows…hand off. Until she calls him to come help her.
- The chemistry between Kinsey and Trent is fantastic. I enjoyed the banter and the sex was extremely hot.
- I am not a fan of public bathroom sex…was it hot? yes it was but no…just no.
- The story also has a murder mystery in the background, that I actually really enjoyed. I loved how it was all worked out and pieced together.
Overall, I thought this was a really good read. I read it rather quickly was I was able to sit and finally read it. I loved Trent and Kinsey and I am really looking forward to the next book and curious as to who it will be about…his two officer friends? or his brothers? Highly recommend.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!