on March 18th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Fantasy & Magic, Horror, Horror & Ghost Stories, Monsters, Supernatural, Time Travel, Young Adult
Source: Amazon Freebie
"R.S. Veira scores big with collection of short stories." - Amazon Reviewer
What if the monsters we thought were lurking under our beds and in our closets were real after all?
For us, the answer to that question can be found in our nightmares, but for the children of Turner Street it’s their reality. Monsters, demons, beasts of the night, or whatever you wish to call them, feast on these adolescents; like cattle raised for slaughter.
The Invisible World Protective Service (IWPS), the agency tasked to protect the children of the world, has been overwhelmed by Turner Street’s unusually high level of supernatural activity. With resources spread thin, drastic measures have been taken. They have been forced to recruit anomalies, children with unique abilities.
A motley crew has been assembled. The team: a teddy bear, a boy and his pet lion, a set of psychic fraternal twins and a time traveler have been saddled with the task of putting an end to the supernatural disturbances on Turner Street. Their success or failure will not only determine the fate of their suburban homes, but of their world.
This collection of short stories is their legacy.
Welcome to Turner Street
I thought this sounds so interesting. The name really caught my interested. I was looking for something quick to read but I wasn’t expecting how awesome this book turned out and I plan to read the rest of the series very soon. Another kindle unlimited pick that makes it totally worth it. 🙂
The Story & Character:
- The events of this story take place on one street Turner Street. Remind me not to move there.
- Secret agency the IWPS Invisible World Protection Service. They are sent to protect the kids from monsters.
- The story is told in stories, each one is about a different character, you get about 9 POVs, I know I am missing one or two, maybe. Each story links with another story. It is so awesomely done. I loved it.
- The main kids Lucius, Aron, Sam and Jamie each have a unique ability that is needed to help defeat the end evil.
- This story was so interesting. I never read anything like it, I am so glad I found this book and can’t wait to read the next one. I am really interested in finding out what happened to…well I can’t really say but I am really eager to find out how the story progresses in the next one. I really felt like it had a lot more to tell.
- I thought the characters build was very good since each story is about that one character and you get a feel for the street, I can picture any normal suburban street.
- It has a lot of creepy moments and gory. So I would be mindful when suggesting who this book is good for. I would say more Teen, YA and Adult. This is NOT a book for younger kids who get scared easily.
Overall this book was fantastic. I loved the world and how the story was told. It has lots of creepy moments and some gross ones but honestly the book just has a great story. I loved the idea and can’t wait to read the next one.4.5 star review for Turner Street by R.S. Veira. An unexpected read that turned out to be amazing! Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!