News at Home: EOY Stress!
We have one week left in the school year and I’m so incredibly stressed! The start and end of the school year are the hardest times – so much to do, not enough time! This past week was a good week, really. My kids weren’t BAD (especially considering the time of year) and our ABC Countdown to summer kept them engaged. I tie-dyed with the kids on Thursday, which was stressful but also fun. And their shirts turned out great. It was fun watching their excitement about wearing something they had made. I took the shirts home and washed them Thursday night so the whole class could be in tie-dye on Friday, for our Fun Run at the school. The purpose is to raise money for the school, but the kids also just get to run and have a great time. They were so tired when it was over at 9:30 that we just watched a movie and napped most the rest of the day 🙂
By the way – the Fun Run gave us three more days to collect money for the school because we haven’t reached our goal yet. We’re at 80%, so we’re close. We have to pay them first though (not the fund raiser I would have chosen because of the expense, but that’s not my choice). Our school needs it pretty desperately. Our parents don’t have money, so it falls on the school and teachers to provide so much of what the kids need. So if you’re at all able, please consider donating (today is the last day). Here’s my donation page. Thank you in advance for donating and sharing with others that would be able to help.
Anyway that was last week. I’m kicking off this week today by going up to the school to work on packing my room. I just haven’t had time and I have to be completely OUT by end of the day Friday. I think I mentioned before that they are doing construction on our school, so it’s not the normal end of year pack up. I actually am renting a storage unit with a coworker because our space has to be cleared out. And you know I do NOT want to work late on Friday. When 4pm hits, I want to be walking out the door and done! We do have a half day Friday- the kids leave at 1:25 (which means dismissal will be done around 2). But there’s so much that can’t be done until that last day — report cards filed into cumulative folders, along with filling out all that stuff that goes with them to the next year – and that usually takes a good hour at least. So yeah. I’m stressed.
I’m sure something happened in my personal life this week, but the only thing I can think about it school right now…. So yeah. Wish me luck y’all!
I cannot believe it, but COYER kicks off next Saturday!!! Which means I have a lot of blog work to do… I’ll get to it this week, I promise Michelle 🙂 I can pretty much promise I won’t have time for visiting this week. Just way too much to worry about otherwise. But then school will be out and I’ll be able to really devote some time to blogging, so just hang tight 🙂
I met my May goals! Even though I have a stress fracture in my left foot, I’m managing to stay active. I’ve found some aqua workout activities and that’s kept me going pretty well. It’s not the same as my gym though, so I’m eager to get this boot off. It’s supposed to come off June 13th, so cross your fingers for me!
My June goals:
- Get back to tracking food: I’ve gotten kind of lax with this. Mainly because everything I eat is okay for me to eat. But I don’t want to disregard quantity and nutrition details like protein, carbs and fat. So getting back to this in June.
- Do a Burpee!: It’s time y’all! I’ve been working towards this goal for months and it’s time that I be able to do one. I can hold a plank. I can do plank jacks. I can almost do a burpee… so by the end of this month I want it to happen. I really HAD been shooting for my retreat June 15th, but after this injury I’m not sure I’ll be at the right place by then to make it happen.
- Lose 20 pounds: This is higher than it’s been — but it’s summer! I have more time to dedicate to my fitness in the summer AND I’m just two months away from my one year date for surgery. And I’d really like to be at goal or super close to it by then. So I’m going to push for 20 pounds this month.
Those are my only official goals that I’m going to track. But I’m really planning on stepping up the exercise in June – going to morning and afternoon classes at my gym. Running most every day to get that time down. I also am seriously looking into some dance classes, I think it would be a blast to really learn how to salsa, meringue, cha-cha, etc. A lot depends on how my foot heals these next couple weeks.
Last Week on the Blog
- [28 May] Just a Few Duke’s Men #audioreview
- [28 May] What the Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★★
- [28 May] When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★½
- [29 May] Task it Tuesday | Multiple Blogs… #taskittues
- [30 May] #bingewatchersclub ~ Finishing Bates Motels this week and on to something new.
- [31 May] Wolves and Daggers: A Steampunk Fairy Tale by Melanie Karsak ★★★★
- [1 Jun] Monthly Book Report for May (and April) 2018
- [2 Jun] #MyTBRList ~ Lets #Vote for my June book ~ It’s all about #KU
- [3 Jun] It’s June Already? ~ WIR & SP
- [3 Jun] Sunday Post with Berls | EOY Stress!
Coming Next Week From Me
Sunday Post with Berls | EOY Stress!
Just a Few In Death Again!
Accidentally Dead Audio Review
Berls’s COYER Sign-Up