Tell Me Something Tuesday was hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings, but she has (temporarily?) stopped blogging. So a group of us that had been doing posts (Linda from Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell, Karen from For What It’s Worth, Roberta from Offbeat YA, Jen from That’s What I’m Talking About and me) decided to get together, come up with some more topics and keep the meme going.Michelle made us a logo and we’re off and running. For more details, check out this post where I reintroduced the meme.
I can be sporadic, but when I do join in I will always share next week’s topic at the end of the post. So, today is about…
What are your blogging goals for the new year?
I mentioned last week that I’m joining/co-hosting Bookish Resolutions with Michelle this year. Details on post, but basically, I’m setting 5 “bookish” goals for the year. Here are my goals:
- Blog ahead at least 1 week. I’m going to monitor and adjust throughout the year, hoping to get myself to a point where I’m actually more like a month ahead. But at a minimum, I want to be 1 week ahead on posts (except Sunday Post because well, it’s an as we go post).
- Keep a blogging planner. I bought the 2022 Fully Booked planner and it’s a new venture for me. I want to give it a real go this year – keeping up with what I read, favorites, blog posts, etc. I’ll measure success by how many days I complete/skip each month, with 70% complete being success.
- Visit & comment on 7 posts a week. I really want to do more like 5/day. But seeing as I’m struggling to even visit and comment 1/day, I think it’s better to start with a lower goal and work my way up.
- Reply to comments each week. I read every single comment I receive. But I have a really hard time replying. So I’m going to try and set aside time each evening to reply to comments.
- Review books before starting a new book/on the same day – So if I finish a book while I’m driving, for example, I’ll start the next audio book right away. But that means I need to review the one I finished that day. But I could also write a review several days later – IF I haven’t started the next book yet.