Sad that vacation is over but we had a great time. Time line of what we did.
- Thursday Aug 3rd to August 6th ~ We spent the weekend at the shore house. It was fun, we visited the boardwalk and the kids went swimming.
- Monday Aug 7th ~ We went to the Liberty Science Center – It’s an interactive Museum about Science stuff. It was so much fun, sadly it rained so we didn’t get to see the statue of liberty but she’s only 20 minutes from us so we will go again another day.
- Tuesday Aug 8th ~ American Museum of Natural History in NY ~ We took the Light Rail to the Path Train to get into NY, it wasn’t worth driving. We grabbed a cab and spent almost all day walking around the Museum, sadly my son was a little bored but my daughter loved it. She especially loved the Mummy exhibit but we weren’t allowed to take pictures. It was amazing. My daughter and I plan to go again to really look around. I loved that she loved it so much.
- Wednesday Aug 9th ~ The Land of Make Believe – It’s an old amusement park and water park.
I need to explain I little about this before I get back to the list. The water park is fantastic and they have rides but some are for little kids. However, it has a section in the back that has the older rides that I remember as a kid, not going to lie I think it’s exactly the same. The Santa Barn will forever give me nightmares. It was PITCH BLACK with only Christmas lights. That might seem festive but it’s really not, you walk through a fireplace, up creepy stairs into this open area with figures and Christmas lights. At the end of this quick lane you come to the creepiest Santa sitting behind a couch. He is a live person with a high pitched voice, not a Santa voice. We might have RAN out of there after seeing him. Next was the old haunted house. It was just Ryan and I, we were ALL ALONE. No one was around so the both of us put our brave faces on and walked in. After one or two turns we both stopped because we heard a growling noise…I said what was that? He goes I don’t know…we hear it again and both RUN our the same way we came in. Ryan and I walk back to get my daughter and husband, they went on the ferris wheel. After the got off, Ryan, Julia and Scot went back into the haunted house with a bunch of other people that just so happened to be going in. I walked over to these two scarecrows that were standing a little way over. I walked up and the scarecrow goes, Hi. I almost DIED! So I meet Colonial Corn and he can see and talk to you (some girl hiding, no idea where) I was good with it after I peeled myself out of the trees. My kids came over and he scared them too. He introduces himself and he says that is my wife to the other scarecrow. He then says do you know why she doesn’t take? The farmer cut out her tongue because she talked to much….Welp, see ya Colonial Corn….We said goodbye and quickly walked away…WTF?!?! I remember it being creepy but wow. We hung around for a while but the one place I remember as a kid was going to Jenny Jump House. Apparently as legend goes, Jenny was picking berries when Indians attacked her house, he dad told her to run up the hill when she got to the top of the cliff, her dad called to her and told her to jump off the cliff….it’s said she hurt her arm or other stories say she didn’t make it after she jumped. I remember that she jumped onto a ledge and the Indians rolled a boulder on top of her. This is a great place for kids….WOW. Anyway. The kids enjoyed the water park. Below is pictures from the Land of make believe. I actually came up with a great book idea after going here…of course it would be a horror book.
- Thursday, Aug 10th ~ Time Square – We walked around Time Square taking the train in again. We went to The Nintendo Store, Disney Store, M&M Store, the Hershey Store and a Christmas store to make up for the horrors of the day before. We walked all round NY and my husband got to see the painted naked ladies, my son did too and my daughter and I just giggled since we saw them last time we were there.
- Friday, Aug 11th ~ We stayed home and just vegetated, the alarm in our house broke so we had to wait for the guy to come fix it and then went to Joe’s Crab Shake to eat. It was a nice way to end the week.
The rest of the weekend we just got groceries and went back to our normal stuff. It was a great week, we really did have a good time and even the horrors of the Land of Make Believe (just remember the water park was awesome) we had so much fun and got to see so much stuff.
Now it’s back to getting some stuff done, I have a fresh start on a few things and I am finally out of that stupid reading slump. I did pretty good with reading this week. I have spent a lot of time organizing what I want to do and getting Limabean Designs ready for the next step. I am really excited about it.
My daughter decided she wants to be a cheerleader this year so practice started last Thursday, since my kids don’t start school until September 7th they have summer camp type of practice but my son and daughter will be away for a week with my parents so she will miss a practice. Her BFF does is and she wanted too also so I figured why not, so twice a week from now until who the heck knows I will be doing the cheerleading thing. Who would have thought a band nerd (flag twirler) would have a cheerleader for a daughter. 😉 (The cheerleaders were sometimes nice to us but I will teach my daughter to be nice to everyone no matter what she is)
I have a giveaway going on until next week, stop by HERE for a chance to win two proper romance paperbacks. They are amazing stories.
Last Week on the Blog:
- [7 Aug] Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★
- [8 Aug] The Secret of the India Orchid (Proper Romance) by Nancy Campbell Allen ★★★★
- [9 Aug] National Book Lovers Day! #giveaway
- [10 Aug] 44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. Easton ★★★½
- [11 Aug] The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware ★★★★★
- [12 Aug] My TBR List August 2017 Pick
- [12 Aug] My To-Be Read List Winner for August is…
- [12 Aug] Sunday Post with Berls | On the Mend
- [13 Aug] Vacation was fun, now back to work ~ WIR & SP
What you might see this week:
- Binge Watchers Club Post
- Review Royally Screwed
- Friday Five Summer Recommendations
Books read & currently reading:
Bookish News and What I grabbed
I wasn’t really home this week to look for new books but I am happy to announce that my slump is officially over. I am going to stick to book I want to read because I think that helped.
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!