Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Did an update today and my gallery isn’t working. For some reason my posts are a little strange, sorry about that, working on trying to fix it.
On the Blog & Real Life:
HELLO!!! its been two weeks, I was planning on doing a Sunday Post last Sunday, this is actually the post, but I deleted everything and just started over because once I was done with the 24 hour Read-a-thon I was in no shape to write a post. So I figured I would save it for this Sunday instead 🙂 I did very good with the read-a-thon I lasted until about 4am est. which is about 20 hours. I really wanted to last for entire 24 but I realize I just don’t think I am made to last 24 hours anymore so whatever I can do it totally fine with me since I did read 3.5 books and that made me ridiculously happy. Reading slump OFFICIALLY over however (you knew there would be a however) I think I might be avoiding all deadlines, release dates and reviews for a while. I think to avoid getting into another slump I need to spend the next few months just reading whatever the hell I want and just not worry. Maybe then I can get back on track with dates and deadlines and not get all slumpy.
Julia’s games are going very well and so far the last 3 games she has gotten a hit and rounded the bases to come home. We aren’t suppose to keep track of score but according to my husband who doesn’t listen they have won all the games so far. We are very proud of her and she is having so much fun which is building her confidence and breaking her out of her shell.
I also got Julia a goodreads account because she is a reader (finally). She actually loves marking her books. I think this will be a good way for her to find books and keep track of what she reads, wish I had it when I was younger because I used to read so much and I can’t remember half of what I read 🙂 Please note, I am closely monitoring her site, if you are a friend of mine and would like to be friends with her I am ok with that, however, I will not be allowing her to accept anyone I don’t know.
On the hamster front we are still trying to get them to trust us. The kids just aren’t like me, they don’t play with them enough but Biscuit will come to the cage if you walk up to it. Gumball spends a lot of time in his house, we are going to try to get them in the ball more often because Gumball is getting a little chubby around the middle. It’s only been about 3 weeks so we still have time to get those little buggers to like the kids and they did let me pick them up to put them in the ball to run around so that is progress.
Ok I don’t usually talk about what I am watching but I MUST tell you what I discovered this week. I don’t know how I missed it for so long. I am a fan now and I can’t wait to see more episodes. Ok I am getting ahead of myself. This week I discovered RWBY, it’s on Netflix. It’s an Amine about 4 kick ass girls (Rated PG, I know some amine can be rated MA but this is 100% PG) the girls are at a school to become huntress. I swear this is a mix of Harry Potter, X-Men and a touch of Fairytale (I don’t know how the fairytale fits but it’s there). It’s amazing, the animation needs work but I still think it’s so cool. I just finished season 2 and plan to watch season 3 on the website since all the episodes aren’t out yet but I might wait since the website had the episodes in a weird order. I HIGHLY recommend! It has become my recent obsession.
My thought is it’s Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Belle and Goldie Lock.
Last Week on the Blog:
- [18 Apr] The Requiem Red by Brynn Chapman ★★★★
- [19 Apr] Getting ready for the read-a-thon ~ Task It Tuesday!
- [20 Apr] Broken Fate by Jennifer Derrick book blitz
- [21 Apr] Find Me (Finding Me, #1) by Michelle Mankin ★★★
- [22 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Goal Post
- [23 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon …IT BEGINS!!!!
- [23 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post ~ Hour 4 #teambluebird
- [23 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post ~ Hour 7 #teambluebird
- [23 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post ~ Hour 12
- [23 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post Hour 15
- [24 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon Update Post Hour I lost track 🙂
- [24 Apr] 24 hour Dewey #Readathon END POST #teambluebird
- [25 Apr] The Lincoln Project (Flashback Four #1) by Dan Gutman ★★★★
- [25 Apr] Blog Ahead Mini (May 1-15) #Blogahead
- [26 Apr] A Change of Plans ~ Task It Tuesday!
- [27 Apr] The Urban Boys by K.N. Smith Book Blitz
- [29 Apr] 2016 #BookishResolutions PROGRESS REPORT ~ April
- [30 Apr] Click Here to Start (A Novel) by Denis Markell ★★★★
- [1 May] 2 weeks worth of stuff ~ WIR & TSP
This Week on the Blog:
- Monthly Rewind
- Task It Tuesday ~ Preparing for Chicago
- Bewitched Blitz
- BEA Post
- My TBR List…Time to Vote
What I read this week (2 weeks)
What I am currently Reading:
What I am reading Next:
Books I got this week:
BEA is coming soon so I am avoiding all book getting since I know I will be grabbing a few books when I go to the expos.
Picture of the week:
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!