Week in READ-view is a post I have posted on Sundays telling you what I have been up to this week and what I read or am reading. The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the awesome Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, post a recap of the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog & Real Life:
First let me apologize for the lack of commenting back on my blog. Christmas turned out to be a lot crazier than I expected, well the whole week was, I had so much more to do than I realized and I had one family member down. My husband has the touch of the flu and was pretty much a huge lump on the couch for 3 days (fingers crossed I don’t get it). He wasn’t able to come for Christmas Eve to my parents house and on Christmas he just didn’t move from the couch at all while everyone else enjoyed the day. Since he really helps me with everything I was pretty much on my own and didn’t have time to do much of anything but get prepared. On Saturday we realized now he has pink eye. So I have to clean the entire house to get the ick out so Saturday I took down the tree and today I plan to put everything else away which is very unlike me. In 41 years I have only felt this way one other time so I am hoping by next year I will feel like my old Christmas Elf Self. 🙂
Even with the lack of spirit, I still had a nice time, loved spending time with the family and did get a lot of nice stuff. My parents got us a new Keurig Machine, the one with the carafe. I can’t wait to set it up and my mom got me an adorable Nutcracker reading. I now have a bunch of Amazon gift cards to buy books, YAY! and a lot of gift cards to get some stuff I need around the house. The kids and my husband got me a cute messenger bag with the Legends of Zelda Logo on it and a Nightmare before Xmas Mug and a Alice in wonderland glass cup. I loved it. My daughter also got me a beautiful bracelet from her Christmas shop from school.
I plan to spend the rest of today visiting blogs and getting organized with posts for the end of this year and next. This has been a long year and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life, fingers crossed it’s a good one. 🙂
You still have plenty of time to sign up!
- Bookish Resolutions is up again with a few changes but still all the fun of getting you to stick to those Bookish Goals for the new year.
- 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge is also up with a few changes to the challenge, so if you failed at it this year you might like the changes we made.
- COYER Sign Up is back and we are going back to basics! Started Dec 19th
You can sign up until January 25th, 2016
Last Week on the Blog:
- [21 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap January
- [22 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – February
- [23 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – March
- [24 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – April
- [25 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – May
- [26 Dec] Marry Me at Christmas (Fool's Gold, #19) by Susan Mallery ★★★★
- [26 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – June
- [27 Dec] Christmas, Clean Up and the tree is down~ WIR & TSP
- [27 Dec] Out with the Old, In with the New ~ 2015 Recap – July #oldnew
This Week on the Blog:
- Out with the Old, In with the New ~ August
- Out with the Old, In with the New ~ September
- Out with the Old, In with the New ~ October
- Out with the Old, In with the New ~ November
- Out with the Old, In with the New ~ December
- Challenge Wrap Up Post
- #2015HW End Post
- Bookish Resolutions End Post
- My TBR List ~ Let’s Vote
Books I got this week:
Picture of the week:
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!