It’s that time again…..
Can You Read a Series in a Month?
Remember the days before book blogging, when you didn’t have a COLOSSAL list of books to read, because you didn’t know about all of them yet? When you discovered a great series and literally just gobbled it up because you had no review book commitments and, quite often, nothing else to read anyway? When you didn’t know about a series until long after it was published from beginning to end and you COULD just binge read the whole thing? Wouldn’t it be fun to do that again? Not to mention, I KNOW you have a least half a dozen series you’ve been dying to read and just haven’t made time for. Which is why Michelle and I are challenging you to read an ENTIRE series in a month.
- Pick 1 series. Yes, just 1. Announce which series you’ve picked on your sign up post.
- Read EVERY book in the series. You don’t have to read novellas or short stories, just the core books.
- Read them all between 12am (your time) January 1st and 11:59pm (your time) January 31st. They MUST be marked (on Goodreads) as started and finished in the month of January to count.
- Enjoy bragging to everyone about how you’re all caught up on whatever series you read (AKA – have fun)!
The Special Readalong Twist!
In 2022, Anne @ Books of My Heart hosted a Readalong of the Night Huntress World, which COYER tags along on with some readalong chats. To wrap it up, we’re reading the Night Rebel series — the three final books in the Night Huntress World — in January. Technically you could start before January and the discussion will actually be February 5th, so it doesn’t HAVE to be in January. But if you choose to accept the challenge and read those three books for this Special Edition of Can You Read a Series in a Month, you will get a bonus entry in the final giveaway rafflecopter.
Stop by Anne’s blog on the following dates to read the reviews for the readalong and to link up your own:
Jan 8: Shades of Wicked – Review from Carole @ Carol’s Random Life in Books
Jan 22: Wicked Bite – Review from Robin @ Books of My Heart
Feb 5: Wicked All Night – Review from Anne @ Books of My Heart
The Nitty Gritty / Inevitable questions
Here’s some questions that we’ve anticipated (and asked each other as we figured it out) and we can update this section as we get more questions (assuming there will be).
- Q: Can I read more than 1 series?
- I know we have some reading over-achievers out there who want to do more. Go ahead, we’ll cheer you on, but there’s no bonus points or higher levels for reading more than 1.
- Q:How many books constitutes a series?
- We’re going to say 2 published books – so if it’s a duology it counts. If you want to take on a 40 book series, be our guest. And good luck!
- Q: Can I have started the series?
- You can’t reread an ENTIRE series (we’re making an exception for if you’ve already read the Night Rebel Series but want to join in for the readalong, you can reread that series and it will count). But if you have less than two books remaining in a series (so 1) you may reread that book, so that you’re reading 2 books. For example, if you’ve read 4 books in a 5 book series, you could reread 1 book and then read the 1 unread book, bring your total to two.
- Q: Does the entire series have to be published and complete?
- No. But there must be at least 2 books published for it to count. So if there’s going to be six books, but only 4 are published and you’ve read the first one, it counts. So if it’s a duology that’s not yet complete, that wouldn’t count.
- Q; Novellas?
- Novellas can be read but they can’t make up a duology. So if you have 3 books, and one is a novella that is fine but if the series has 2 books and one of the 2 is a novella that doesn’t count. The 2 need to be full length books (over 250 pages each book).
- Q; But can you read a book series if each book is less than 250 pages?
- Originally we said no but if the series is 5 books or more and less than 250 pages in each book than it totally counts, BUT it must be 5 books with at least 70 pages in each book and you must read the entire series for it to count, you can not re-read. (all books published)
- Q; Anthologies?
- Anthologies do not count
Bragging rights! Nah, just kidding. We will be awarding $5 Gift Cards to Amazon, selected randomly from everyone who successfully completes the challenge.
Grab our Button!
So it’s time to sign up! We just need to you make a simple sign up post (on your blog, Goodreads, Facebook, etc) declaring your intention to participate and letting us know what series you will be reading. I’ll have my sign up post next week if you need an example… I have to decide which series I’m going to pick of the MANY I’m considering!