It’s time for Summer COYER! Are you ready for the Treasure Hunt? Summer COYER will run Saturday, June 1 – Saturday, August 31! Sign-ups will be open until Saturday, July 6th. Check out all the rules and details and sign up before it’s too late!
Remember, we’re using this old map Cora Coyer found to navigate your way through the summer to the treasure at the X.
There’s a variety of ways to move forward a space on the map on this treasure hunt list. And, as promised, here’s the list with the number of steps each book you read is worth.
This map has 65 spaces from the start at “COYER Summer Hunt” to the X with the treasure. As the list will reveal, you can move forward 1 – 5 spaces with every book you read. You’ll use the list to navigate the map towards the treasure. Participating in Read-a-thons will help catapult your forward towards the treasure at the magical x. Making progress, but not quite getting to the treasure will still earn you points!
Don’t forget you can get extra steps by participating the read-a-thons. For full descriptions, refer back to the sign-up post.
- Deserted Island Read-a-thon: Saturday, June 9 – Saturday June 22 (5 steps)
- Sharknado Read-a-thon: Sunday, July 7 – Saturday, July 13 (2 steps)
- Swabbing the Deck Read-a-thon: Sunday, July 21 – Saturday, July 27 (2 steps)
- Evil Octopus Read-a-thon: Sunday, August 11 – Saturday, August 24 (1 – 40 steps!!)
As always we have social media fun planned for the entire event on Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram.
Be sure to join our Facebook Group for social media games and updates. This the main place to be with questions and conversations during COYER.
- Monday: Join us to talk about reading plans for the week.
- Wednesday: We’re going back to random games from prior COYER events. You never know what Wednesday will bring.
- Friday: Tell us, how was your reading week?
- Sunday: Stop by for an update of what’s coming this week in COYER
Be sure tweet your reading progress and reviews with the #COYER hashtag. We will also have 3 twitter parties, mark your calendars!
- Kick Off!: Friday June 7th @ 6pm EST.
- Midpoint Check-In!: Saturday July 20th @ 1pm EST.
- Wrap Up & Preview!: Sunday August 25th @4pm.
We’re bringing back the Instagram challenge for the month of August. Michelle will share the prompts later in July.
Treasure Hunt Rafflecopter
Don’t forget, there’s another $10 Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift card up for grabs for simply reviewing those books you read and linking them below. We’re using a different link up system than we have in the past, so you won’t have an image of your book cover. So be sure to list the book title in the “your name” spot when you link up. For example, if I’m reviewing a book called Brookside I would link up: Brookside Review – Berls @ Because Reading. (Put as much as you can before the character limit cuts you off).