Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Top ten characters I’d totally trade places #ttt
When I set out to make this list I realized that MOST Of my favorite books – no way in HELL I’d want to trade places with the characters! LOL! I like characters that have had a rough life and are often going through some sort of hell. Cool powers or not, I’d rather be me than deal with that! So finding 10 books I’ve enjoyed and had characters I would trade with was not easy.
- Pride and Prejudice – all that being said, this one was a no-brainer. I’d love to be Lizzy and fall in love with Mr. Darcy:)
- Alienated – I think Cara’s experiences are pretty cool. She gets to fall in love with an alien, be an ambassador to Earth and well… I don’t want to spoil things… but it’s cool.
- The Selection – Even though America starts off poor, she has a family she loves and a talent that makes her happy. And then she has this incredible experience… so yeah, I think I could trade with her.
- When a Scot Ties the Knot – I love that Maddie invented a sweetheart, writing letters to him and everything, to escape marriage and endless seasons. I could so see myself doing that… so yeah, I would love to trade places with her. Especially when her Scot comes calling 😉
- Grave Witch – I think Alex is the only character on my list with supernatural powers. She goes through quite a lot, but there’s something about her friendships and cool abilities that make being her worth all that shit.
- What to Do with a Duke – Cat’s efforts to occupy the spinster house and her attempts to ward off her feelings for Marcus make her a prime character for a trade. Not to mention, I totally get her desire to write!
- For 100 Days – I could do with Avery’s luck! Land a luxury apartment to house sit and it just so happens to make you temporary neighbors to someone you have incredible chemistry with? Hell yes… not to mention all the other shit that happens 🙂
- Arena – Even though I seriously feel for Kali – some bad shit does happen to her through the course of the book – I don’t feel like it’s anything beyond the scope of normal people to deal with. But normal people don’t get to be Virtual Reality Video Game Superstars! Too awesome!
- First Grave on the Right – Oops I lied, Charley has paranormal powers too. She also goes through a lot, but I love her friendships, sense of humor and HELLO… REYES!!! I just noticed that my two paranormal characters have the ability to see the dead. I guess that appeals to me?!
- Carrots – Ok y’all I’m a terrible liar! Shelby has paranormal abilities too! She can read minds and has developed the ability to sense some ghosts (yep, I have a ghost thing I guess). I love Shelby’s personality, her family, and her friendships. The adventures she goes through are crazy, and she gets into trouble, but I think I could handle it about as well as she does… maybe LOL!
So those are my top ten characters that I’d trade places with – many are favorite reads, but it was hard to decide what torture I’d be willing to go through myself! I’m realizing authors are not so nice to their characters, are they? LOL!