I haven’t been participating in many year long challenges the past few years… I’ve not really even participated in my own honestly. But when I was reading the post over at Unconventional Bookworms for the 2020 New Release Challenge, I decided that this is one that fits my goals for next year. As much as I want to make progress with my backlog of books, I also want to do better keeping up with what’s new and fresh. So I’ve decided to join them this year.
I’m just copying this straight from their sign-up post
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2020.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2020 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2020, and sign-ups are open until September 1st 2020.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
- If you want to spread the love, please use #2020NewReleaseChallenge on Twitter
There are five levels in the 2020 New Release Challenge:
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
Seeing as I haven’t read many new-releases the past few years, I’m going to go really simple and shoot for New Release Newbie and see if I can get in 12 new releases in 2020 – so 1 per month. We’ll see how it goes!