I am honored to have on my blog today
and her book Dark before Dawn
About the Author
Stacy Juba loves to write stories about Characters at a Crossroads: individuals who are finding themselves and getting on the right life path after overcoming obstacles. Her goals are to entertain readers of all ages as well as inspire them. She has made numerous bestseller lists including GalleyCat’s Barnes & Noble Bestsellers and GalleyCat’s Mystery and Thriller Bestsellers. Stacy has written about reality TV contestants targeted by a killer, an obit writer investigating a cold case, teen psychics who control minds, twin high school hockey stars battling on the ice, and teddy bears learning to raise the U.S. flag. She has had a book ranked as #5 in the Nook Store and #30 on the Amazon Kindle Paid List. Browse her website www.stacyjuba.com for more information on her mystery, romance, and contemporary fiction books for adults, teens, and children, guest author features and resources on how to build your own “character,” and for her book/product reviews and advocacy relating to Type 1 Diabetes.
Social Media Links:
Dark Before Dawn
by Stacy Juba
Paperback, 212 pages
Published October 16th 2011 (first published September 22nd 2011)
When teen psychic Dawn Christian gets involved with a fortuneteller mentor and two girls who share her mysterious talents, she finally belongs after years of being a misfit. When she learns her new friends may be tied to freak accidents in town, Dawn has an important choice to make – continue developing the talent that makes her special or challenge the only people who have ever accepted her. This novel is aimed at young adults, and at adults who enjoy paranormal YA such as the Twilight series, House of Night, and The Vampire Diaries series, Meg Cabot’s The Mediator series, or Lois Duncan books.
Available in print, e-book and audiobook formats from retailers including:
Time for a fun game. It’s called 3 things, I asked Stacy 3 things and these are the answers she gave me 🙂
3 Names you go by – Stacy, Stace, Mom
3 things you did last night – Hung new shower curtains, convinced my husband to help me reorganize all the batteries and wires strewn across the downstairs closet, read a chapter of a mystery novel
3 favorite TV Shows – Once Upon A Time, The Middle, Melissa and Joey
3 jobs you had – Reporter, obit writer/editorial assistant, health club trainer
3 things loved as a kid – Battlestar Galactica (original TV series), Nancy Drew books, original Star Wars trilogy
3 favorite toppings on pizza – green peppers and onions, pineapple, ham
3 favorite toppings on Ice Cream – I can only eat sherbet, but I like hot fudge, caramel sauce and walnuts on it.
3 things you do when you get up in the morning – Make kids’ breakfast, check email, load dishwasher
15 Character Random Facts
about Dawn from Dark Before Dawn
- Dawn is a teenage girl who has premonitions.
- She has a history of always getting picked last in gym.
- Her mother recently remarried and they now live in a Maine beach town with Dawn’s stepfather and stepbrother.
- Dawn needs to keep her surroundings neat and organized or else she feels stressed.
- Dawn identifies with the girls in the play The Crucible.
- Dawn tries to do a makeover on her new friend Jamie, who the other kids call Pan Fry because of acne.
- Dawn and her new friends Candace and Jamie wear matching Lapis Lazuli earrings and necklaces given to them by their mentor Serina.
- Dawn initially has a feeling of foreboding when she sees Serina’s cottage.
- Dawn has mixed feelings about the psychic skills that Serina, the town fortuneteller, teaches to the girls.
- Dawn discovers that she has an aptitude for controlling other people’s minds.
- When Dawn uses mind control, she sometimes gets a headache.
- Dawn once had a premonition about a plane crash.
- She misses her father, who died when she was a child, and gains troubling new information about the accident that killed him.
- Dawn has always felt like she didn’t belong, until she meets Serina, Jamie and Candace.
- Dawn and her stepbrother Ken are at first resentful of each other, but slowly become friends.
If you are interested in being a part of the Author’s Spotlight ~ Please check out all the details HERE