It’s time to read for 24 hour!
You still have time to sign up. So head on over to the website HERE and join us as we read for 24 hours or at least try to read for 24 hours because I haven’t made the entire 24 yet. So maybe this year is my year…maybe! 🙂
This time around I am not listing what i plan to read, instead I am just going to read whatever I am in the mood for. I have a bunch of Netgalley, Edelweiss, Freebies and some shelf books I want to read so I am good with books. My family has been warned and I am hoping to get a lot of books read this time around.
First, I would also like to introduce you to my friend who will be spending the day with me reading….
Meet Mr. Toast
Mr Toast is very happy to be joining me in this read-a-thon and plans to help me stay awake. He really is an awesome piece of toast.
Get ready to see a lot of that cute little face in most of my pictures during the read-a-thon.
My plan is rather simple and bullet pointed below
- Kick off post 8am EST
- Start reading at 8am EST
- I will also be spending the day hosting One hour reading sprints so be sure to follow me on Twitter.
- Read from 8am to 11am take a 15 minute break
- First update post is at 12 noon
- Read from 11:30am to 2:30pm take 30 minute break (maybe a nap?)
- Next Update Post is at 4:00pm
- Read from 3:00pm to 5:00pm (break for Dinner)
- Read from 6:00pm to 9:00pm take 15 minute brake
- Next Update Post is at 8pm
- Read from 9:30pm to 11:30pm take 30 minute break
- Last Update post is at 12:00 midnight
- Midnight until I fall asleep, I plan to take 5 to 15 minute breaks after every hour.
- My last update post will be the next day after I wake up 😉
Each update post will have a list of the books I will read, I also made logos for each post with the cute animals (like above). Feel free to follow me on FB, Twitter and Instagram so see my progress (see below for links). I really want to spend a lot of time reading and less time updating but I love to post stuff along the way.
I also plan to have a ton of snacks on hand to keep me awake and not starving. Healthy snacks and some junk foods! 🙂 I also have my other buddy, Dexter (my dog) that I will be walking to keep my blood pumping and not get stiff legs. I can’t promise I will last the entire 24 hours but I will get as close as I can. 🙂
Are you joining the read-a-thon?
Mr Toast and I will see you April 29th!
Have a great day and Happy Reading!