Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for September 19 -25
Here are my goals for September and how I started this week:
- Lose 5 lbs. I lost most the weight I had gained last week, leaving me 0.6 lbs up for the month. Frustrating.
- Do 10 live and 5 of my choice classes at Grit. I got in 4 choice workouts and 8 live so far this month. I’m pretty sure I’ll make this goal.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I walked Buffy 5 days for 30 minutes.
- Only sips of soda. wow, I derailed here. 2 whole sodas at the start of this week. However, I pulled it back together and finished the week with 3 days of no soda at all.
- Only 1 ice cream or glass of wine (or treat) per day. I’m still struggling with this and did more than 1 pretty much every day.
Goals for October
Even though I have another week’s update to put up for September, I do want to commit for October. I have set 5 goals for the month.
- Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. This was my goal at the start of the year and I’ve decided to make that my continuous goal right now, rather than breaking it into pieces. At the start of October I have about 40 lbs to lose (so this will carry into 2021 unless a miracle happens).
- Begin C25k again, doing either C25k or 30 minute walk 5 times per week. Now that the weather isn’t so hot, I think it’s time to start running again.
- Switch my treats to healthier versions and limit to 1 per day, with an extra glass of wine 3 times per week. This is my biggest problem area. I’m thinking that if I keep healthier versions of my snacks that should help, and if I know I get a bonus glass of wine 3 days a week, then it should be easier to keep it to 1. I hope.
- Get in 2 hours a week minimum of virtual exercise classes. I’m going to continue my virtual membership and do classes ranging from 10 minutes to 45 minutes throughout the week.
- Drink between 64 oz and 1 Gallon of water a day. I bought a 1 gallon water bottle that has goal lines based on time and I’ve been doing much better with my water with it. I want to be accountable though and consistent.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 10/9: Update for 9/26 – 10/2
- Friday 10/16: Update for 10/3 – 10/9
- Friday 10/23: Update for 10/10 – 10/15
- Friday 10/30: Update for 10/16 – 10/22 & Goals for November
- Friday 11/6: Update for 10/23 – 10/29