January 29, 2013 I started Because reading with the most cringe worth post every made. (You can see it here, Good luck!) I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I will say it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I made some amazing friends, read some awesome books and stepped outside of my comfort zone. The book blogging community is one of the best communities to be a part of. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years, a lot has happened over the years, even getting myself an awesome co-blogger, Berls! Lets do some fun facts and stats….
- 5 years blogging
- co-hosting 6 challenges
- 2 memes hosting
- 1,862 Posts written
- 356 Books read (since I started blogging)
- 280 books reviewed (approx but I think it might be more)
- adopted 1 co-host
5 Favorite books since starting my blog
This was hard but I narrowed it down to 5. These are books that I would recommend without hesitation.
5 Things I learned this past 5 years
- Blogging isn’t easy, it takes a lot of time and planning, don’t stress, it’s a hobby have fun.
- Planners are the best inventions, EVER! and you can never have enough stickers.
- Some of the most amazing people you will ever meet love books too.
- It’s ok to make mistakes, it’s how you learn and grown, especially in blogging.
- Be yourself and have confidence.
5 Things I learned about reading
- You don’t have to LOVE every book, it’s ok to DNF
- It’s ok to read at your own pace, no one said you need to read a book in a day.
- ARCs are awesome but can also be stressful
- Avoid a slump by reading what you want.
- Read for yourself, enjoy it…You don’t always have to read what everyone else is reading.
5 Genres I have read throughout the 5 years
My taste has changed a lot and recently I am going back to a genre I’ve read occasionally. I love changing things up but here is a look at the 5 I have been reading this past 5 years.
- Middle Grade ~ I have a serious love for this and it’s my go too when I feel a slump coming on.
- Romance ~ I actually stopped with the YA Contemp and now really only read Adult Contemp and NA. Erotica is nice every so often and so is Monster Erotica (no judging! This is a judge free zone, lol), I want to get back into reading Historical Romance also, I used to read them all the time.
- Fantasy ~ My love for this has recently resurfaced. I am looking to try some epic fantasy also. It’s been so long since I have read a good epic fantasy.
- Ya ~ I love YA but I prefer to stick with the Fantasy and Horror, I wish they had more YA Horror. It’s actually one of my favorites (think point horror)
- Fairytale – Retelling will always be my favorite. I love when they take a story and twist it around. I don’t care if it’s MG, YA, Adult, Erotic, if you take a fairytale and twist it…I want to read it. 🙂
Some of my favorite reads in the last 5 years 🙂
This has been on heck of an experience and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you all that has followed me since the beginning and Thank you to those that become my friends. I know that last year I haven’t been around but please know I appreciate you all and miss the heck out of each and every one of you! Looking forward to the next 5+ years of blogging!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have the most amazing day ever and Happy Reading!