Tell Me Something Tuesday is hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings. Check out her blog for upcoming topics! I saw a post by Jen (Twimom) and thought it was fun and decided to join in. So I’ll be jumping in sporadically 🙂
What book worlds would you not like to find yourself in?
Last week was about the book worlds I’d like to visit and while I had a couple come to mind immediately, it was much easier to think of book worlds I DIDN’T want to visit because authors do a great job of making some scary book worlds! So here’s the ones that came to mind immediately (but in no specific order):
- The Hunger Games – this one may have come to mind because of how many jokes there have been this year about us living in a hunger games scenario… but in reality 2020 doesn’t even compare.
- Divergent – yikes! what a messed up world, no matter what side of it you’re living in.
- Four Dead Queens – I DNFed the book, but even if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t want to live in that world.
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back – (and book 1, Sky in the Deep, in the series) OMG I would NOT want to live in that war culture where to live is to fight.
- Any Zombie world – no thank you! I will skip the zombies please.
Working on this list made me realize a couple others I should have listed last week – the Jane Frost series! Christmas and elves yay! Also maybe Scythe, before things go to the crapper. Because a world where you can live potentially forever is pretty damn cool.