It’s time for the 2022 Bookish Resolutions Challenge
Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Year’s Resolutions for Reading, book blogging or Writing…You can sign up via blog post, Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads!
We are back to making those year long goals! That is right, we are going to start 2022 making those resolutions that we might have put off the last two years. This year we are sticking with the basics of Reading, Blogging and Writing. I am excited to get back into this challenge and I hope you are too. Now let’s get to all the rules and the sign up! 🙂
Sign Up is between now to February 28th, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st 2020
- Create between 5 or more resolutions related to books/book blogging/writing (there are examples below but you can make up your own)(you can have as many resolutions as you would like, there is no limit)
- Create a signup post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before Feb 28th)
- Since this is a year long challenge we ask that you pick goals with some longevity. Pick a goal that will take you no less than 6 months to complete.
- Once your goals are set you cannot change them.
- Three time a year we will have an update to see how you are doing. March 1st, June 1st and September 1st. The last update will be the wrap up post.
- For each goal you complete you get one entry into the giveaway that will be in our wrap up post on December 31, 2022
- The Winner will be picked randomly so the more goals you complete the better chance you have to win the $5 Amazon Gift Cards at the end of the year.
As this is a personal challenge everyone is likely to set different goals! But to make things easier, we’ve come up with some blogging, reading and writing examples!
- Get my Netgalley percentage up to XX % (percent is up to you!)
- Read XX number of Netgalley books this year/per month (remember that this needs to be a year long goal!)
- Read XX number of books by debut authors/authors that are new to me this year/each month
- Complete X number of challenges this yea
- (This challenge does not count towards the total. Mini-challenges within a bigger challenge do not count separately)
- Read XX number of crime (or any other genre) books this year/each month
- Only spend £XX/$XX on books this year/per month
- Listen to X number of audio books this year/per month
- Read X number of paperbacks this year/per month
- Read X number of classics this year
- Read all blog tour books a week/month/two days before post date
- Participate in X number of read-a-thons (read-a-thons as a part of larger challenges count separately)
- Only one-click on amazon X times per month/week
- Read X number of books per week/month that were books you’ve bought, which can be free.
- Read X number of sequels this year/per month
- Read X number of books with ‘salmon’ in the title (word is changeable. If you’re interested there are actually 862 results for salmon in the Kindle Store)
- Read X number of books that I already own
- Read X number of non-fiction books
- Finish WIP “title”
- Finish XX writing projects
- Publish “title”
- Write XXXX words per day/week/month/year
- Design/commission a cover for “title” (Limabean Designs is always available to design your cover) 😉
- Join in NaNoWrMo
- Enter a writing competition
- Complete a writing course (online or in person)
- Contribute to an anthology
- Write something in an unfamiliar genre
- Plot out the next book in the series
- Write every day
- Develop author online presence
You are welcome to do personal goals also and add them to the post however the giveaway is for the bookish/blogging/writing only.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #BookishRes2022 on Twitter and Instagram so we can follow and comment. Also if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.Are you ready to set your bookish resolutions? Sign Up is Live! Join us as we set goals and make plans for 2022 #BookishRes2022 Click To Tweet
It’s time to link up! Link up with your sign up post below!
Hi, I’m Kari. I’m getting back into reading after a long hiatus. I thought this would be a good challenge to get back into the swing of it. I don’t have a blog so I just posted about it on Instagram. I hope I did all the steps correctly.
Welcome to the challenge Kari! I just found your post on Instagram and you did it absolutely perfectly! Good luck with all your goals 🙂 I check in every week on my Sunday post, feel free to visit and let me know how you’re doing with your goals whenever you can!
Thank you! I look forward to getting to know you all throughout the rest of the year and, of course, seeing what treasures you are reading.
IDK if you’ve seen our COYER challenge yet, but it’s an incredible community and you’d find some really great connections that will support your reading goals. If you’re interested check it out in the header link “COYER 222 is Here”. Looking forward to getting to know you as well!
I’ve had some resolutions for my blog/reading in mind so I’m glad to have a place to formalize them. Thanks for hosting!
I hope your goals are off to a good start! So glad to have you onboard 🙂
So glad to join up for this one again this year! Also joining into COYER too. For some reason I couldn’t find the comment box on that post to comment after I posted my link there though. Thanks for hosting all of these challenges!
Thanks for joining in Lisa! I hope your year is off to a great start!
I’ve compiled all of my goals for this year in one post… some of them are things I do anyway, and some of them are things that are kind of a challenge for me. I’m nervous and excited! Thank you for hosting, and happy 2022~
I hope your year is off to a great start! Good luck with your goals 🙂
Hi ladies, I found you through Bev’s challenge addict list. So glad I found you. Wonderful challenge and looking forward to all we can accomplish in the new year, Cheers and thank you for hosting.
Welcome!! Glad to have you joining us. Looking forward to making 2022 the best it can be 😍