I actually liked this one but it was like a walking book. Everyone just walked for, like EVER! I was hoping for a Steamy RH but I got one scene at the end and it just wasn’t as exciting as I was hoping it would be. I think because of the 4 guys that are introduced I really only like two of them. Now I am hoping the first book was just the “set up” book and number 2 will be fulled with Steamy scenes and action.
- Kira was a very strong MC, her life wasn’t easy but I thought she was pretty good at holding her own.
- The 4 guys:
- Auric, the clever prince. Jasin, the cocky soldier. Slade, the protective blacksmith. Reven, the mysterious assassin
- Out of the 4 guys I want to see her with Auric and Reven the most. I felt they had the most build to them.
- Slade and Jasin just weren’t doing it for me. Slade doesn’t even want to be there and is older, when they described him like that I keep thinking a grandpa guy with an 18-year-old. EW! lol
- Story was interesting, Black Dragon is mean and Kira is destined to be the new Black Dragon with her 4 elemental dragons, that is if she can survive the current Black Dragon.
- I wanted the story to be more exciting and I didn’t feel like it was. However, It has a lot of potential which I hope is done in book #2
- The one sex scene this book does have is a little boring and sort of expected. She can only have sex with each one that their chosen temples. So I want to see her with some of the guys but I kind of was hoping it would just happen.
Overall, it doesn’t have everything I want in a RH BUT, I will continue, maybe this is one of those series that it gets better with each book. I might need to read the next to appreciate the first more. I guess I will find out soon. I do recommend because maybe you will enjoy the story just a little better than me.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!