on May 3, 2018
Genres: 18+, Fantasy, Reverse Harem
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Four sexy dragon shifters. A huntress with a dark past. A bond that could save the world.
I’ve spent my entire life running from my past and staying out of trouble. That’s how I’ve kept alive ever since my parents were killed by the Black Dragon, who’s ruled the world under her oppressive talons for as long as anyone can remember.
But it’s hard to keep a low profile when four handsome strangers turn up in your village claiming you’re destined to save the world. According to them, they’ve been chosen by the gods to become elemental dragons—and I’m their mate.
Which means one day I’ll be the most powerful dragon of all, able to control all four elements. Assuming I can unlock my powers first…by getting intimate with each of my sexy mates.
Auric, the clever prince. Jasin, the cocky soldier. Slade, the protective blacksmith. Reven, the mysterious assassin. And me. We’re the only ones who can bring balance to the world and overthrow the Black Dragon—if she doesn’t tear us to shreds first.
STROKE THE FLAME is the first book in a new steamy reverse harem fantasy series.
I actually liked this one but it was like a walking book. Everyone just walked for, like EVER! I was hoping for a Steamy RH but I got one scene at the end and it just wasn’t as exciting as I was hoping it would be. I think because of the 4 guys that are introduced I really only like two of them. Now I am hoping the first book was just the “set up” book and number 2 will be fulled with Steamy scenes and action.
- Kira was a very strong MC, her life wasn’t easy but I thought she was pretty good at holding her own.
- The 4 guys:
- Auric, the clever prince. Jasin, the cocky soldier. Slade, the protective blacksmith. Reven, the mysterious assassin
- Out of the 4 guys I want to see her with Auric and Reven the most. I felt they had the most build to them.
- Slade and Jasin just weren’t doing it for me. Slade doesn’t even want to be there and is older, when they described him like that I keep thinking a grandpa guy with an 18-year-old. EW! lol
- Story was interesting, Black Dragon is mean and Kira is destined to be the new Black Dragon with her 4 elemental dragons, that is if she can survive the current Black Dragon.
- I wanted the story to be more exciting and I didn’t feel like it was. However, It has a lot of potential which I hope is done in book #2
- The one sex scene this book does have is a little boring and sort of expected. She can only have sex with each one that their chosen temples. So I want to see her with some of the guys but I kind of was hoping it would just happen.
Overall, it doesn’t have everything I want in a RH BUT, I will continue, maybe this is one of those series that it gets better with each book. I might need to read the next to appreciate the first more. I guess I will find out soon. I do recommend because maybe you will enjoy the story just a little better than me.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!