This might have been my favorite trip EVER! I had a blast at BEA and I would totally do it again. Chicago was a very nice city but the traffic was horrible and the homeless are all over. Meet blogging friends and getting some great ARCs made this trip so much fun. Part One will be a run down of the week, Part Two will be the books I got, BEA and the authors I meet. Let’s start at the beginning!
The Trip to Chicago and BEA
I promise this wont be long winded, just a recap of each day and some pretty pictures to look at 🙂
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- We (my husband and I) left the house at 4:00am to get on the plan at 6am. I slept the entire flight.
- It took us TWO HOURS to get to the hotel and it was a 30 minute drive. Chicago Traffic SUCKS!
- I meet Stormi in the lobby and we dropped out bags off in her room. Then went for Breakfast.
- Left the hotel at about 11 to catch the bus for BEA.
- MEET KIM! at BEA and waited on-line for the expo.
- Had so much fun walking around meeting all my blogging friends. It was nice to see them in person and give them big hugs!
- Left the expo about 3:30 to head home to get ready for the cubs game.
- Enjoyed a few hours at the Cubs game but it was a little boring.
- Got back to the hotel, just my husband and I, grabbed something to eat and headed to the room. My husband had a fever. Got him some medicine and to bed we went had to be up at 6am the next day for a full day at BEA.
Thursday, May 12, 2016
- BEA here we come, Kim, Stormi and I head to starbucks to grab a quick breakfast and to the bus to hang in line to wait for BEA to open.
- SO MUCH FUN! Lots to see and Lots of books. Had a great day getting books.
- Waited in a lot of lines but that is because they mushed a lot of authors together and you needed to be in two places at one time.
- Left the expo at about 3:30/4 and headed back to the hotel with backpacks full and achy bodies.
- My husband wasn’t feeling great but he was able to find us a restaurant to go to, to try deep dish pizza.
- The restaurant was AWESOME! The pizza was really good however I might have lost my jersey girl card because I had to eat it with a knife and fork! *gasp*
- We went back to the hotel to play Cards against humanity. Kim & I were either very tired or it was hilarious because the two of us just need to read the card and we were crying.
- Bed at 11:45 last day of BEA on Friday and needed to be up at 6am…again
Friday, May 13, 2016
- The best day, up early and off to the last day at BEA.
- Got in line early and started making a little bit of a plan on how to attack the day.
- Some really nice guy gave us tickets for some of the authors ticket signings. I got MARISSA MEYERS! OMG!
- Spent the day chatting and getting all the books I wanted. It was such a fun day.
- We left to head to dinner with friends. Mexican restaurant, I don’t eat it but I was going more for the company.
- We had a blast. After dinner it was pouring, got to the hotel and hung for a while chatting and telling my bat story.
- Time to say goodbye! Tomorrow is our last day! I am so sad.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
- Saying goodbye was really hard.
- TSA issues in Chicago, need to get to the airport early.
- Got to the airport super early and but we made out flight left at 9:27pm. It was a very bumpy ride.
- Got home at 1:30am. I had such a great time. I already miss everyone and hope we can all get together again someday!
I had so much fun and it was so nice to hang out with everyone, I didn’t really get to relax but I was ok with that since I had a blast.
Part two will be about BEA, Books and Authors. I hope you will stop by to check it out!
Thanks for stopping by this time!
Have a great day and Happy Reading!