Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Update for August 29 – August 31
I set 6 goals at the start of August – Here’s how I did to wrap the month up.
- Lose 8 lbs. Ugh, I gained 0.6 lbs. So much for a loss this month. But I did get some good habits in place, so maybe next month.
- Keep doing 10 minute workouts at least 4x per week. I did two 10 minute workouts in these 4 days, so I say I did good.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I did one 15 minute walk and one 30 minute.
- Only 1 soda Saturday OR Sunday. I only did sips of Kiko’s soda! Yay! I feel like I have finally conquered this one.
- Only eat meals at a level 3. Cut this goal, it doesn’t work for me & backfires.
- Do 10:5:10 while eating meals. I stopped tracking this over the week, but I have continued to eat my meals super slowly because I’m always busy while eating.
Overall I feel like I’ve hit a good stride and even though the scale didn’t show it, I’m going to keep pushing on. Hopefully September will be better on the scale.
Update for September 1-4
Here are my goals for September and how I started this week:
- Lose 5 lbs. I’m weighing daily to see if I can maybe notice what is impacting the scale. I’m down right now.
- Do 10 live and 5 of my choice classes at Grit. I got in 2 choice workouts and 2 live so far this month.
- Walk Buffy for 30 minutes at least 5x per week. I walked Buffy every day.
- Only sips of soda. I drank half of Kiko’s soda 2 days this week 🙁
- Only 1 ice cream or glass of wine (or treat) per day. I did awful on Thursday, but the rest the days I did well.
I’m going to try and be more consistent about updating every week for accountability. I think the best way to do that is to give myself a good buffer and a plan (I”m a list/schedule girl). So here’s the update schedule (it will stay about a week behind):
- Friday 9/18: Update for 9/5 – 9/11
- Friday 9/25: Update for 9/12 – 9/18
- Friday 10/2: Update for 9/19 – 9/25 & Goals for October!
- Friday 10/9: Update for 9/26 – 10/2
- Friday 10/16: Update for 10/3 – 10/9