Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
Time to Recommit!
I’ve been on quite the fitness journey the past couple years and it’s far from over! At this point, I’m needing to learn how to take care of my emotional health and still balance my fitness and eating habits. So my goals for the year will revolve around those three areas.
Emotional Health Goals
I have been very depressed over the past few months and I’m starting to rally – so yay! But to really pull out, I have to dedicate myself to some habits that help me feel in control of my life. When everything feels like it’s spiraling out of control, I get lost and depressed. So my emotional health goals:
- Do my miracle morning in some form everyday – even if it’s modified on the weekend
- Do my miracle night every night, again, modifying Friday and Saturday nights
- Practice self-care from a massage, seeing my health coach, or therapist at least once a week
Part of my downward spiral has taken me away from the gym, which stinks because I was feeling super strong and motivated for a while. So I want to get back. I also have this big goal of running – from start to finish – a 5k in February so I need to keep training for that. My Fitness Goals:
- Do 3 cardio workouts a week – jogging at least 1 time and at Grit
- Do 3 strength workouts a week
- Do yoga or foam rolling 5 times a week
This is perhaps the most crucial and connected to everything. I’ve lost over 300 pounds and I REFUSE to gain it back. But eating right is not easy for me when my emotions are all over the place. And then not eating right freaks me out and sends me on an emotional spiral. See the problem? But I know I can do well here – I can use my tool (Gastric Bypass) and my willpower, determination, etc to keep marching along towards my big goal of 199 lbs. Yeah, it used to be lower but at this point I just want to get and stay in the 100s. My January eating goals:
- Reverse track (record what I plan to eat the night before) my food Monday – Friday at minimum
- Eat more veggies, fruits, and protein than treat foods each day
- Get back to not drinking within 30 minutes before or after a meal
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day
So those are my goals for January. Ultimately I’d like to end the month down to 215 pounds, but I’m more focused on the actions than the weight right now. For those that don’t know already, I try to check in each morning and each night on Instagram so be sure to follow me there. I’m @berlssc.