Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
I have hit a really rough emotional state this week. I’m emotionally exhausted and just feeling so incredibly stressed. I want to cry and shovel ice cream. That being said — I’m adjusting my goals this week to focus on taking care of my emotional health.
Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (ongoing goal – not just for the month) and stay below start weight for the month.I’m only weighing on days where I wake up feeling motivated. On a scale of 1-10, a 7 or higher. Seeing the scale go up just spirals me a bit more lately. This week I weighed in on:
- Friday – I was actually down 0.5 pound
Dance break Monday – Friday when Dante wakes up. Pick on thing to do every day that is special and fun. I’m keeping it simple but fun and light. It’s something to look forward to and put a smile on my face.
- Monday – finished decorating Christmas Tree
- Tuesday – I sang everything I said for 1 hour. It was so ridiculous it made me and Dante laugh.
- Wednesday – the plan was to read a post every time I finished a task… but power went out so that didn’t happen.
- Thursday – We hung the Christmas wreath on our door 🙂
- Friday – I wanted to hang the lights but it didn’t happen.
- Saturday – play-date
- Sunday – book club
1 healthy treat per day, wine 3 times a week max.At the end of each day, think of 1 thing that went with Dante today, 1 thing that went well with work, and 1 personal thing that went well.
- Monday – Dante ate all his meals without fuss, I solved the HPC Newsletter/SharePoint issue, I talked to my nutritionist (and came up with these new goals)
- Tuesday – Dante didn’t start screaming until after lunch, finished draft of policy website, got on parent group to chat
- Wednesday – Dante had a great day (I think/hope I figured out a new schedule for him), I finished HPC Minutes, I took a shower (yes, that’s a win)
- Thursday – Dante had a great day and schedule seems to be working, I stayed steady at work all day, Began a new audiobook
- Friday – Sunday… I neglected to do this.
Get in 2.5 hours a week of virtual exercise classes.Reconnect with What To Expect Sept2019 Babies group Connecting with other parents who are going through what I’m going through with a baby the same age may help.
- Monday – got on and actually saw one mom asking how working mom’s are coping. Felt good to not be alone in my feelings.
- Tuesday – got on and replied to some posts
- Wednesday – busy day, didn’t get on
- Thursday – not in the mood…
- Friday – Sunday – didn’t feel like it.
- Drink between 64 oz and 1 Gallon of water a day. This is the one nutrition goal I’m keeping because I need to get back on track with my water intake
- Monday… maybe 14 oz :/
- Tuesday – 32 oz… an improvement…
- Wednesday – did I drink any water today?
- Thursday – no, I did not drink water :0
- Friday – Sunday – I drank some water I’m sure
Not my finest week, but I’m feeling up to a bit more tomorrow, so these goals will be further edited next week as I work on bringing myself back to focusing on more than just emotional survival.