Fit Readers is a group/challenge run by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About, designed to support and encourage each other on our health and fitness goals. In years past I’ve participated but just done quick updates on my Sunday Post. This year, I want my goals to be a top priority, so I’m going to share my updates in a separate, more detailed weekly post. The day it appears will probably fluctuate, though, so just keep your eyes out for it 🙂
October 20 – 26
After a week of kind of taking it easy – which I think I needed – I’m recommitted this week. And while my emotional health remains a top priority, I do want to focus on my fitness and nutrition, since I have baby weight to lose!
Emotional Health Goals
I’ve started interacting with a community from What to Expect When You’re Expecting app… September 2019 moms – and it has helped a lot. I may make interaction with that community a goal next month. We’ll see.
Here are my October goals and how I did:
- Start back on a Miracle Morning routine.
- Sunday 10/20 – Nope.
- Monday 10/21 – Yes! It took me until the afternoon to have the pieces finished, but I did it!
- Tuesday 10/22 – Yes and I did it all in the morning!
- Wednesday 10/23 – Yes and all in the morning again.
- Thursday 10/24 – Yes and starting to really make it work with our morning routine (we’re starting to have a morning routine)
- Friday 10/25 – Yes, in the morning 🙂
- Saturday 10/26 -Yes. Have I found my rhythm?!
- Blog daily. This continues to be really important to my emotional health – interaction with others is key.
- Sunday 10/20 – Visited blogs.
- Monday 10/21 – Wrote post and visited a couple blogs.
- Tuesday 10/22 – visited blogs.
- Wednesday 10/23 – replied to comments & visited a few blogs.
- Thursday 10/24 – setup a post.
- Friday 10/25 – visited a few blogs and worked on a post
- Saturday 10/26 – wrote sunday post
- Get out of the house for me time 1x a week. Almost counts… went to lunch with my brother on Friday. I had Dante with me, so it wasn’t quite “me” time. But I enjoyed it and Dante slept the whole time, so it wasn’t stressful either. We also went to Kiko’s sister’s on Saturday. Again, not “me” time, but I got out of the house.
My Fitness Goals and how I did:
- Do some yoga every
morningweek as part of my miracle morning routine. Didn’t get it in this week…
- Go on 1 walk a day.
- Sunday 10/20 – Two 15 minute walks.
- Monday 10/21 – One, 1 hour walk. One 15 minute walk.
- Tuesday 10/22 – One, 1 hour walk. One 15 minute walk.
- Wednesday 10/23 – one 1 hour walk. one 15 minute walk.
- Thursday 10/24 – one 1 hour walk. Rained out from afternoon walk.
- Friday 10/25 – The rain made it really hard, just one 5 minute walk.
- Saturday 10/26 – one 1 hour walk, one 15 minute walk.
Here’s how I did.
- Get in a minimum of 64 oz of water daily.
- Sunday 10/20 – 28.9 oz… not good.
- Monday 10/21 -48.9 oz… better, but still no bueno.
- Tuesday 10/22 – 48 oz… ugh. must do better.
- Wednesday 10/23 – 64.9 oz. Finally!
- Thursday 10/24 – 64 oz. Yes.
- Friday 10/25 -64 oz. I’m finding my stride.
- Saturday 10/26 – 64 oz
- Eat 2 servings of vegetables daily. Still not doing great at this, but working on it.
- Sunday 10/20 – 1 serving at dinner.
- Monday 10/21 – 1 serving at dinner.
- Tuesday 10/22 – 1 serving at lunch, 1 serving at dinner.
- Wednesday 10/23 – 1/2 serving at lunch, 1/2 serving at dinner.
- Thursday 10/24 – 1 serving lunch, 1 serving dinner.
- Friday 10/25 – 1 serving at lunch, 1 serving at dinner.
- Saturday 10/26 – no lunch today… 1 serving at dinner
- Make a meal plan for Monday-Friday
over the weekendby Friday night. I changed this goal because I’m trying to make sure I get groceries on Saturday. Made meal plan on Friday! Yay!
I’ve gotten back to posting semi-regularly on Instagram. If you want to follow me more closely, I’m @berlssc.