I tend to want to be super organized but most of the time it’s just an organized mess or what I like to call complete chaos that makes me more confused than organized. As I try to put my shit together I started to realize a few things about organizing.
- Everyone organizes differently
- Just because something works for someone doesn’t mean it will work for you. It most likely will stress you out more and make you more unorganized.
- Find what works but don’t worry if it fails.
- I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what works and failed a lot. I am still at this moment changing things and finding better ways to do stuff. Does this help me be organized? NOPE but it will hopefully lead me to a better system that works for me.
- It takes discipline to be organized.
- Just because you write everything down doesn’t mean you will actually do ANY of it. It takes discipline to write it down and do it. You need to remember to check your planner/bullet journal/scrap papers/post it notes or whatever you use every day.
- Find the best time to organize?
- This is probably the hardest part. Your day is already full, how the heck are you suppose to figure out when to do it? First thing in the morning? Late at Night? On the weekends? You need to find the time that you are the most awake, alert and have a clear head. Good Luck finding that because my changes every day.
- If you tell yourself you can’t be organized, you wont be organized
- Like I said it takes discipline and if you can’t get into that mindset you wont be able to accomplish what you want. Lack of time or a busy day can also make you feel like you just can’t. It’s what you tell yourself that will help you get more organized or not.
I have a Pinterest board dedicated to planners and organizing but I found that not all of them really work for me sometimes just bits and pieces will but not an entire system. I have tried so many times and changed my mind so often I am surprised I can even function properly during the day. What I found out recently is that what works for others wont work for you, maybe for some it will, but for me I am very particular about how I do things and if I don’t like it, I wont stick to it. So I have re-done my planner page and reworked my spreadsheet. Will this help? Maybe it will and I’m I worried it will fail again, a little, but it is what it is, I will figure it out. At the moment, I trained myself to update my planner schedule every Sunday Night to plan out my week. Do I follow it? sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Do you see what I am getting at? It’s not easy to stay organized but it is possible you just need to find what works the best for you and stick to it. I could give you a bunch of ideas on how to organize yourself but that is what works for me. When I took over Task it Tuesday it really helped me see what needs to be done and that keeps me on my toes. Sometimes I fail during the week and other times I do amazing but I can’t lets those fails turn me off from knowing that I can get a better handle on everything in life if I just took the time to do it. How many times do you visit Facebook a day? or Twitter? Those are things that get in the way and eat up time, do I want to not visit them? No I enjoy checking in on my friends but maybe instead of spending hours getting lost on the internet, those are the hours I can spend organizing my shit and getting all those things I couldn’t get done, done. Of course sometimes I am just super lazy and that is also ok, we all get to have a lazy day to read, hang with family or enjoy a night out but being organized about what you do and how you do it causes a lot less stress in your life.
This is what I realized in the last few weeks about myself. I have been in a blogging slump and I think it not only was because my blog was down for a good 2 weeks that made me so behind but also that I bailed on everything during those weeks instead of being productive and organizing what needed to be done so when the blog came back up I had a plan…Totally my fault. I have spent a lot of time trying to organize and figuring out what I really want to do to help me feel less stress and get back to being organized like I was many moons ago. Surprisingly I found myself having a lot more free time back then, I miss those days, and have every intention of getting it back. It just might take a little time, I’m hoping with a few days of taking a step back and reassessing how I organize, I will find a way to be organized again.
How are you with organizing? Do you have tips or tricks you use to organize your blog and real life or do you have organized chaos like I do?
Thanks for stopping by
Have an amazingly organized day! 😉