Tell Me Something Tuesday was hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings, but she has (temporarily?) stopped blogging. So a group of us that had been doing posts (Linda from Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell, Karen from For What It’s Worth, Roberta from Offbeat YA, Jen from That’s What I’m Talking About and me) decided to get together, come up with some more topics and keep the meme going.Michelle made us a logo and we’re off and running. For more details, check out this post where I reintroduced the meme.
I can be sporadic, but when I do join in I will always share next week’s topic at the end of the post. So, today is about…
List your top 5 favorite books/series
This is SO INCREDIBLY HARD! Picking just 5! I have a couple die-hard, read over and over books/series and then from there it really depends on my mood. So today, my top 5:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is a die-hard, love forever and ever book for me. I read it at least 1 time a year and the movie (A&E – Colin Firth, Jennifer Ehle) is a go-to for the blues and sick days, etc.
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. Okay, I am incredibly disappoint in Ms. Rowling and her statements towards Trans people. I can say I will not support the franchise with future book/movie purchases. BUT I don’t think the books make the same statements she does. In fact, I feel like her characters would also like to give her a stern talking to, because the world she created was about inclusion and understanding. So I love the books, but won’t be supporting the author in the future (unless she mends her ways).
- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. This is a series I just love to read and I just don’t care what the haters say, it’s good fun times.
- Mercy Thompson Universe by Patricia Briggs. This is where it starts getting really dicey for me to pick books. But I think the Mercy Thompson/Alpha & Omega books will always be at the top for me. They were my first introduction to Urban Fantasy, a genre that has been probably THE FAVORITE for years.
- In Death by JD Robb. Any series I’ll stick with and anticipate the next book when we’re talking book #53, must be a favorite right? And I’ve actually reread some of the early books too. So yeah, I’ll make that my number 5.