Week in READview:
So this week was fun…we started the week off with my getting laid off. That is correct, I LOST MY FUCKING JOB! After 21 years, he sent me off with my last check and $200. But wait….If they get busy again, he plans to hire me back but if I find something else he wouldn’t blame me for taking it. So that pretty much means he isn’t hiring me back. Oh, I am also the only one that was let go, since we are so slow. I am hurt and angry. I am currently trying to apply for unemployment and getting my resume and portfolio together to start looking for a new job soon. I also want to brush up on some skills so I am ahead. 21 years in a place that really had no growth makes it hard for someone my age to compete with the younger people, so I need to try to learn and grow while I can. Sooooo….If you need anything or tell your friends.,
Are you a blogger and need a new feature, meme
or challenge you want to start but don’t feel like making a logo?
Well…Let me do it for you! For $5 I will make you the logo you need.
Look for a new header or other images for your blog? Let me help you create a new look for the new year!
I’m also available to help you update your blog, want a fresh look, new banner, feature logos, etc?
I can help you with that. I can give you a complete redesign and fresh look for the new year.
Email me today to get started or a quote….Limabean74@gmail.com!
Of course since I kept getting called from Social Security I went on the website last year and put in a claim and notified them that I was receiving calls. Welp…that worked on the calls but also now I think it makes me have to verify my identity so this is me waiting maybe another week to actually get unemployment so Thanks to my EX Boss for being so awesome.
I am forcing myself to wallow in self pity this last week but this week I need to just get over it and move on. While I am home I can get some stuff I need to get done while I search for jobs and advance my skills. I will not let this ruin me, I will get through it, might take a little time but it will happen eventually. I am stronger than this and I know I will be onto bigger and better things soon.
I obviously didn’t get a lot done this with on the blog but will be back to making posts next week since my daughter has a lot of practice this week and I will be spending a lot of time sitting in the car waiting. I should be able to start writing some posts while I wait for her. I also plan to spend time binge watching and reading just so I don’t spend too much wallowing in self pity.
I am disgusted and horrified by what happened at the Capital Building. This is completely sad and insane, I will not debate anyone, just stating how I felt about it.
Read, Currently Reading, Next:
What I grabbed:
What you missed:
- [12 Jan] Tell Me Something Tuesday: Word of the year
- [13 Jan] Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer ★★★★½
- [14 Jan] Betwixt: A Beechwood Harbor Collection: Volume Two by Danielle Garrett ★★★★
- [14 Jan] Cupid in a Bottle by Danielle Garrett ★★★
- [14 Jan] Tide Dance by Danielle Garrett ★★★★
- [14 Jan] A Very Beechwood Christmas: Four Festive Magic Mini Mysteries from Beechwood Harbor by Danielle Garrett ★★★★
- [15 Jan] A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab ★★★★
- [15 Jan] A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab ★★★★½
- [15 Jan] A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★
- [16 Jan] Always in Trouble by Corinne Demas, Noah Z. Jones ★★★★
- [16 Jan] This Book Is Not About Dragons by Shelley Moore Thomas, Fred Koehler ★★★★★
- [16 Jan] The Storybook Knight by Helen Docherty, Thomas Docherty ★★★★★
- [17 Jan] Sunday Post with Berls | The one with the mom drama
Challenges & Readathons:
It’s time for a new COYER. Sign up is now live and this will be out biggest COYER yet!
So tell me what have you been reading and up to this week?
Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!