I love joining in with Anne’s (Books of My Heart) Top 10 posts to recap the year. Get all the details in her Top 10 of 2021 post and join in!
Top 10 New Discoveries of 2021
I thought I would do Narrators when I originally thought of this post – but I discovered quite a few new authors and narrators this year that may not have made my other top 10 lists but will be making my TBR for the foreseeable future. So my top 10 New-to-Me authors/narrators of 2021 are:
- Nalini Singh – I have had her on my TBR List for years and thanks to our Psy-Changling Readalong, I finally read her. And I’m in love! Definitely want to read all her books! I read all these books by Nalini Singh this year:
- Christopher Mitchell, author of the Magelands Eternal Siege series. I discovered these books mainly because I loved the audiobook covers and I’m so glad I did. Amazing.
- Max Monroe is a writing duo that I stumbled upon. The first book I read by them had me laughing so hard that suddenly I had to read all their books. And I have not been disappointed. I have a lot more to read, but this is what I read in 2021.
- Olivia Dade is an author I had heard about but never gotten around to reading. And now, she’s one I will definitely auto buy and need to catch up on. I love her body positive characters!
- Hermonie Moon is another author I stumbled upon this year, with her adorable British cozy-PNR series. I’m looking forward to more!!
- Another author I found this year that I will definitely be reading more of when I want a great laugh is Kayley Loring. I only read 2 books, but they both had my LMAO:
- The first narrator to make my list is Jo Raylan. She narrated the Experiment in Terror Series and her narration grew on me to the point that I now love her and would not hesitate to listen to her again.
- Kristin Hannah. I only read The Nightengale so far, but it was in my top 10 of the year and I will definitely read more of her books.
- Naomi Novik is another author that I only read one book – Uprooted – but I look forward to reading more.
- Amie Kaufman I also read for the first time this year, part of the author duo for These Broken Stars and it was also one of my top 10 books of the year so I hope to read more by her.
It was a great year for new authors and narrators – a lot of my favorite books or characters this year were also brand-new discoveries. I had a great reading year, as you can perhaps see 🙂
If you want to join in, here’s the schedule for 2021:
- Monday, December 20st – Top 10 Books of 2021
- (favorite reads in 2021, read and published in 2021)
- Tuesday, December 21st – Top 10 Audiobooks of 2021
- (favorite audiobooks both published and read in 2021)
- Wednesday, December 22nd – Top 10 Book Covers of 2021
- (favorite book covers from 2021)
- Thursday, December 23rdh – Top 10 Book Characters of 2021
- (favorite book characters from books published in 2021)
- Friday, December 24th – Your Top 10 choice: Narrators, Couples, New to Me, Favorite Quotes, Series, Books I Meant to Read in 2020, or your own idea
- Saturday, December 25th – Top 10 Books I Want in 2022 (I’m skipping this one, as I don’t have 10 books I’m anticipating for next year. I don’t keep up well enough to have a wishlist!)