I am super excited about sharing this feature with you. In October I made a Top Ten Halloween List and my son loved it so much he suggested I do it all the time. So I couldn’t say no to such a great idea from my super smart 10 year old. So here it is, each month or a few times a month I will give you a list of Top Ten things from books to movies to everything in between. I hope you will enjoy My Top Ten.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss
In honor of Dr Seuss birthday I have put together this post of my Top Ten favorite Dr. Seuss books! These are all books that I have read when I was a kid and purchased for my kids. Some I read a million times to them and some I read a million times by myself. This books never get old and I am happy to share with you my Top Ten!
Top Ten Favorite Dr. Seuss Books
I took pictures of my kids books, thought it would be more fun that way 🙂
10. The Foot Book ~ This one is my daughters favorite book and I don’t like it as much as the other but I had to add it to the list since I know it’s her favorite. Great book to learn about feet if you like clown foot, fuzzy foot, left foot or right foot. 🙂
9. Hooper Humperdink…? Not Him! ~ Poor Hooper, he seems like such a nice kid to me but nope he is not invited to the biggest party in town and after reading all those names I realized I wasn’t invited either! 🙁
8. Fox in Sock ~ I read this to my son when he was little, he insisted, I laughed the entire time trying to read it without messing up but if Sue wants to sew sock and when Tweetle Beetles battle with paddles in puddles it can really make your tongue fall out.
6. Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now! ~ Poor Marvin, Him and Hooper Humperdink should probably hang out! I still just don’t know why poor Marvin had to go (see what I did there?) 😉
5. Hop on Pop ~ The reason I love this simple book so much is because both of my kids made me read it every night. I still giggle every time I read Pat sat on that cat LOL
4. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ~ This was a book that I not only read to my kids but was one of the first books I bought for myself because I loved it so much. Still to this day I would love a Yop to hop from left to right or a Yink that drinks pink Ink. It also hold one of my favorite quotes 🙂
“Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
Every day, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
3. Ten Apples Up on Top! ~These were some talented Animals, balancing apples on your head isn’t easy but I do love then they all come tumbling down! by the time it was over you had 110 apples up on top 😉
2. There’s a Wocket in my Pocket! ~ Making this number two was hard because between this one and my number one they are both my favorites. This book is also my sons favorite and if I ask him to pick a book for me to read him this is the book he picks. With all those awesome things in this kids house I wouldn’t want to leave it either, Oh, you just had to get rid of the Vug under the rug *shutters*
1. Green Eggs and Ham ~ I do not like them Sam I am, however I do love your book. Maybe besides the Cat in the Hat this is one of the more popular Dr. Seuss books and is totally my favorite (sorry wocket in my pocket) I do love Sam and I would eat them here or there, quite frankly I would totally eat them anywhere 🙂
I do want to give an honorable mention
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
What is your favorite Dr. Seuss Book?
Thanks for stopping by and remember
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”