Topic of the week ~ Top Ten Favorite Movies
Oh this is a good topic. I don’t normally watch movies that often but I have a few that I love and will watch OVER and OVER again. A lot of mine are old classic movies and some new ones but these are my absolute favorites.
- Gone with the Wind ~ Who doesn’t love Scarlett and Rhett? This movie is timeless and I love everything about it. The scenes are amazing for that era and the acting is spot on. I just loved this movie (I loved the book too)
- While you were Sleeping ~ This movie will forever have my heart. Sandra Bullock is so cute in the movie and Bill Pullman is such a cutie. It’s a movie that I love to watch all the time but especially around Christmas because it has such a fun festive feel. I can’t even explain how many times I have seen this movie.
- Labyrinth ~ Back in the VCR days I might have worn out this tape with the amount of times I have watched it. I could recite the entire move word for word. Not sure I could still do that but it will always be my favorite. David Bowe was awesome in his skin tight penis showing grey pants and I loved him as the Goblin King…Now I want to watch it again!
- Willow ~ This movie…OMG the first time I got to see Warwick Davis, our beloved Professor Flitwick, he was fantastic in this movie. The movie revolved around a village of dwarves, that had to help save a baby. This movie cracked me up and is one of my favorites. This is one I would love to watch with my kids but I can’t seem to find it on any streaming sights. I might need to look harder to find it. I would love to watch this one again too
- The Dark Crystal ~ The Skeksis always creeped me out. On another planet in the distant past, a Gelfling embarks on a quest to find the missing shard of a magical crystal, and so restore order to his world. (take from IMDB) This movie is amazing so well done and the puppets movements and the flow of the story is one that I can sit and watch over and over…I actually have. Fizzgig is the cutest little guy and Jen and Kira are just amazing….GAH! I love this movie!
- Westward the Woman ~ Made in 1951 is about a wagon train of women crossing america to meet men who they are going to marry. This movie is amazing, such strong women. This movie is a drama and has lots of strong feels. I laughed, cried and cheered these women on. If you haven’t seen this movie at least once you must. It is one of my favorites, thanks to my mom.
- Seven Brides, For Seven Brothers ~ In 1850 Oregon, when a backwoodsman brings a wife home to his farm, his six brothers decide that they want to get married too. (take from IMDB) This movie is so wonderful, I love the songs and all the actors and actresses. I still sing a lot of the songs. Such a great movie…Thanks again mom.
- Meet me in St. Louis ~ Judy Garland still makes me cry when she sings “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas” like fat tears. She falls in love with the neighbor next door and it’s just a fun, sweet and cute movie. I love the singing and I love the little sister, most of her dolls are very sick and are going to die soon. She is a quirky little girl. I love how it goes from Halloween to Christmas and then the worlds fair. I can’t love this movie enough. It will always be my favorite.
- Halloween and Friday the 13th ~ I can’t forget my boys Jason and Michael. I am lumping them together because I can’t watch one without wanting to watch the other. I just binge watched them in October and they will always be my favorite murdering fellas.
- The Burbs ~ I can’t forget my favorite Tom Hanks movie. This one still cracks me up. Ray has some creepy neighbors, are the up to no good or is everyone filling his head with stories. This movies is so fun and creepy but fun. I totally love this movie and have watched it a million times.
I have a bunch more that I adore like the Harry Potter Series and Lord of the Rings but I wanted to give you a bunch of movies that aren’t super popular and are really ones that I have loves for a really, really long time.
What are some of your favorite movies? Have you seen any of the ones I listed?
Have a great day and Happy Movie Watching!