I was trying to find a top ten scary book but I couldn’t think of anything that I read that was super scary. Recently I read a few scary books but not enough to qualify for a top ten, then it hit me. When I was younger all I ever read was YA Scary books, classics from Christopher Pike and R.L.Stine so I hoped on Goodreads to reclaim what I have long forgotten. Wow did the memories come flooding back, now I’m not going to lie and say I remember what these books were 100% about and it’s to late for me to try to read them again, however there is a very strong possibility that I might do something in the future with these books since from the review they don’t seem to hold up as you get older but I am a different breed of reviewer and I tend to not take the age of books to heart and will try to channel my younger self if and when I do read them again.
Just looking at the covers made me remember standing in the book store every Saturday trying to find new scary book to read, I loved Christopher Pike and R.L.Stine the best were the Point Horror books (written by various authors) now I don’t remember them being called Point Horror but I honestly loved them. So from what little I remember of the scary books I read when I was younger I came up with this list and I might for sure try something soon to revisit Point Horror and Fear Street if I can find them.
My Top Ten Scary Books I read when I was younger
- Slumber Party by Christopher Pike
- The Fog (Losing Christina SERIES ) by Caroline B. Cooney
- Trick or Treat (Point Horror) by Richie Tankersley Cusick
- Prom Dress (Point Horror) by Lael Littke
- April Fools (Point Horror) by Richie Tankersley Cusick
- Halloween Party (Fear Street #8) by R.L. Stine
- Scavenger Hunt by Christopher Pike
- Chain Letter (Chain Letter #1) by Christopher Pike
- Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger SERIES) by V.C. Andrews
- Beach Party (Point Horror) by R.L. Stine