It’s time for a brand new challenge for the New Year: 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Me, Michelle @Because Reading. The challenge itself is a personal one, though we do have a few different rules to last year and an extra giveaway half into the year!
You can sign up anytime between December 1st to March 1st, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st. The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for books and book blogging (though we’re not too mean…one of your resolutions can be a personal goal!)
You can sign up via blog post, Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads!
We have changed some things around this year to make it more interactive and we added two giveaways and a few twitter parties.
Each month Laura and I will have an update post with a link so you can share with us how you are doing.
- This is a year long Challenge it starts January 1st 2016 and ends December 31, 2016
- You have 3 Main goals to choose from; Blogging Goal, Reading Goal or Personal Goal
- You must pick at least 2 Main goals and each main goal must have at least 1 to however many sub-goals (except Blogging Goals you need a minimum of 3) as you would like (see below for a list of examples)
- Create a sign up post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before March 1st)
- On the 30th of each month (and the 29th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura’s or My blog
- This is a year long challenge once you do a sign up post you can add or take away goals as you would like BUT on Jan 1st you will no long be able change the list.
- There will be two giveaways see below for details
- We are also having 3 Twitter Parties.
- Use the Hashtag #Bookishresloutions to update us on how you are doing throughout the year.
We will be having 3 twitter parties
Date 1 – March 12th 4pm est
Date 2 – July 17th 4pm est
Date 3 – November 20th 4pm est
Use hashtag #bookishresolutions to join us. We will remind you of the twitter parties in our update posts and on twitter the week of the party.
We will have two giveaways this time.
Giveaway #1 at the half way mark this giveaway will be in our update post in July.
Prize: 2 $5 Amazon Gift Cards
Ways to enter: 1/2 completed goals 1 point
Completed goals: 3 points
Just create an update post listing your 1/2 completed goals or Completed for July and link it in the designated area. At this point if you have completed a goal (ie Netgalley %) you can add it into the completed goals section of the giveaway widget. The giveaway will have a space to type which goal you completed and should match your update post to qualify. Winner will be notified via email.
Giveaway #2 the end post.
Prize: 2 $10 Amazon Gift Cards
Ways to enter: Completed goals ONLY
At the end of challenge we will have a giveaway up in the wrap up post. This is for completed goals only. Just link up your wrap up post in the designated area, the wrap up post must have all your completed Goals on it. The giveaway post will be at the End of December 2016 and will run for the first week of Jan. Winner will be notified via email.
Sub Goal Examples:
As this is a personal challenge everyone is likely to set different goals! But to make things easier, we’ve come up with some examples! (Please note: Some blogging goals can be accomplished in one day and that is fine but we ask for that section you have at least 3 goals minimum to accomplish throughout the year. The sub goals will need to stay that way the entire year to count as completed.)
Reading Goals ~ (These goals can be done throughout the year.)
- Get my Netgalley percentage up to XX % (percent is up to you!)
- Read XX number of Netgalley books this year/per month (remember that this needs to be a year long goal!)
- Read XX number of books by debut authors/authors that are new to me this year/each month
- Complete X number of challenges this year
(This challenge does not count towards the total. Mini-challenges within a bigger challenge do not count separately)
- Read XX number of crime (or any other genre) books this year/each month
- Only spend £XX/$XX on books this year/per month
- Listen to X number of audio books this year/per month
- Read X number of paperbacks this year/per month
- Read X number of classics this year
- Read all blog tour books a week/month/two days before post date
- Participate in X number of read-a-thons (read-a-thons as a part of larger challenges count separately)
- Only one-click on amazon X times per month/week
- Read X number of books per week/month that were books you’ve bought, which can be free.
- Read X number of sequels this year/per month
- Read X number of books with ‘salmon’ in the title (word is changeable. If you’re interested there are actually 862 results for salmon in the Kindle Store)
- Read X number of books that I already own
- Read X number of non-fiction books
- Read one recommended book per month
Blogging Goals ~ (You must make 3 sub goals.)
- Fix tags on blog
- update Media Folder on your blog
- Redo your layout or update your design
- Visit x amount of blogs a week
- update your calendar once a week
- Keep your spreadsheet completely updated
- Clean up bloglovin, feedly or other RSS feeds
- Pin Posts to Pinterest the entire year
- Update Pages on your blog
- Organize Trello and set up boards for blogging
- Write 3 reviews week
- Stay ahead of the reviews write x amount each week or month
- Blog ahead make you blog x amount of weeks/months ahead
- Join all Bloggiesta Challenges (this will help accomplish some of your goals but you must participate in all of them)
- Respond to comments as they come in
- Create a Blog/Review Schedule (e.g. using a spreadsheet)
- Make a blog button
- Make a-thing-for-the-internet-tab – but I can’t remember the name of it right now…
- Take part in a meme every month for the whole year (e.g. Michelle’s TBR List)
- Set up social media pages
Personal goals (you can pick as many as you would like to help you throughout the year):
- Lose X amount of weight
- Start writing that book you always wanted to write
- Exercise more (book blog walkers goals count here)
- Do random acts of kindness through the year
- Learn another language
- Take up a new hobby
Feel free to add in your own.
Don’t Forget to tweet your progress to #BookishResolutions
Grab the button and link back to this post.
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or email us
Michelle @ Limabean74@aol.com or Laura @ email@example.com