It’s time for a brand-new challenge for the New Year: 2017 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Me, Michelle @Because Reading. The challenge itself is a personal one, though we do have a few different rules to last year again! 🙂
You can sign up anytime between December 1st to March 1st, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st. The 2017 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Year’s Resolutions for books, book blogging and NOW WRITING (though we’re not too mean…one of your resolutions can be a personal goal!) You can sign up via blog post, Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads!
Every other month we will have an update post on our blogs. So, it will be Feb, April, June (half way point so you can delete/tweak a goal) Aug, Oct & Dec
NEW Rules for 2017:
- This is a yearlong Challenge it starts January 1st 2017 and ends December 31, 2017
- You have 4 Main goals to choose from; Blogging Goal, Reading Goal, Writing Goal or Personal Goal
- You must pick at least 2 Main goals and each main goal must have sub-goals (see below for a list of examples and how many subgoals you need to have for each main goal)
- Create a sign-up post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before March 1st)
- On the 30th of every other month (and the 29th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura’s or My blog
- This is a yearlong challenge once you do a sign up post you can add or take away goals as you would like BUT on Jan 1st you will no longer be able change the list.
- There will be one giveaways see below for details
- You can delete and Tweak stuff at the halfway point
- Use the Hashtag #BookishResloutions to update us on how you are doing throughout the year. We will also be tweeting out questions during the challenge so make sure to check the hashtag often.
The Halfway Point
The halfway mark you are allowed to change a few of your goals and also delete some.
So add up all your goals.
Here is how it will work.
- If you have 5 goals you are able to delete 1 and tweak 1
- If you have 10 goals you are able to delete 2 and tweak 2
- If you have 15 goals you are able to delete 3 and tweak 3
- Do you get it. Every 5 you can delete 1 and tweak 1.
Then just link below your updated resolutions post with what you deleted and what you tweaked. That’s it. We know that after working so hard half the year some of the goals just don’t seem to be working as well as you wanted or some just don’t apply anymore, for example, if you wanted your goal for Netgalley to be 65% and you are now at 70% and want to get to 80% instead. You can tweak it. It will still count on the giveaway this month since you can mark as completed but to be able to enter into the giveaway at the end you must get to that 80%.
Prize: 2 $10 Amazon Gift Cards
Ways to enter: Completed goals
At the end of the challenge, we will have a giveaway up in the wrap up post. This is for completed goals only. Just link up your wrap up post in the designated area, the wrap up post must have all your completed Goals on it. The giveaway post will be at the End of December 2017 and will run for the first week of Jan. Winners will be notified via email.
Since this is a blogging/reading/writing challenge, personal goals are allowed, however, you have to pick a blogging and reading goal or a blogging and writing goal, in order to have a personal one. If you pick goals from just a single category, e.g. a reading goal, then you can’t do a personal goal. You need to have at least two of the options above to get a personal goal. Once you pick the two you can have as many personal goals as you would like.
As this is a personal challenge everyone is likely to set different goals! But to make things easier, we’ve come up with some examples! (Please note: Some goals can be accomplished in one day and that is fine but we ask for in each section you have at least 3 goals minimum to accomplish throughout the year. The sub goals will need to stay that way the entire year to count as completed.)
Reading Goals ~ (You must have a minimum of 3 sub goals.)
- Get my Netgalley percentage up to XX % (percent is up to you!)
- Read XX number of Netgalley books this year/per month (remember that this needs to be a yearlong goal!)
- Read XX number of books by debut authors/authors that are new to me this year/each month
- Complete X number of challenges this year (This challenge does not count towards the total. Mini-challenges within a bigger challenge do not count separately)
- Read XX number of crime (or any other genre) books this year/each month
- Only spend £XX/$XX on books this year/per month
- Listen to X number of audio books this year/per month
- Read X number of paperbacks this year/per month
- Read X number of classics this year
- Read all blog tour books a week/month/two days before post date
- Participate in X number of read-a-thons (read-a-thons as a part of larger challenges count separately)
- Only one-click on amazon X times per month/week
- Read X number of books per week/month that were books you’ve bought, which can be free.
- Read X number of sequels this year/per month
- Read X number of books with ‘salmon’ in the title (word is changeable. If you’re interested there are actually 862 results for salmon in the Kindle Store)
- Read X number of books that I already own
- Read X number of non-fiction book
- Read one recommended book per month
Blogging Goals ~ (You must have a minimum of 3 sub goals.)
- Fix tags on blog
- update Media Folder on your blog
- Redo your layout or update your design
- Visit x amount of blogs a week
- update your calendar once a week
- Keep your spreadsheet completely updated
- Clean up bloglovin, feedly or other RSS feeds
- Pin Posts to Pinterest the entire year
- Update Pages on your blog
- Write 3 reviews a week
- Stay ahead of the reviews write x amount each week or month
- Blog ahead make your blog x amount of weeks/months ahead
- Join all Bloggiesta Challenges (this will help accomplish some of your goals but you must participate in all of them)
- Respond to comments as they come in
- Create a Blog/Review Schedule (e.g. using a spreadsheet)
- Make a blog button
- Make a-thing-for-the-internet-tab – but I can’t remember the name of it right now…
- Take part in a meme every month for the whole year (e.g. Michelle’s TBR List)
- Set up social media pages
Writing Goals ~ (You must have a minimum of 3 sub goals.)
- Finish WIP “title”
- Finish XX writing projects
- Publish “title”
- Write XXXX words per day/week/month/year
- Design/commission a cover for “title”
- Join in NaNoWrMo
- Enter a writing competition
- Complete a writing course (online or in person)
- Contribute to an anthology
- Write something in an unfamiliar genre
- Plot out the next book in the series
- Write every day
- Develop author online presence
Personal Goals (you can pick as many as you would like to help you throughout the year once you choose two of the above):
- Lose X amount of weight
- Start writing that book you always wanted to write
- Exercise more (book blog walkers goals count here
- Do random acts of kindness through the year
- Learn another language
- Take up a new hobby
- Quit Smoking
- Cook a new recipe a week
- Menu Plan
- Get organized
Tweet your progress to #BookishResolutions
Help Spread the word! Grab the Button!
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below
or email us Michelle @ Limabean74@aol.com or Laura @ email@example.com