I received this book for free from Purchased in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on November 28th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Sexual Content
Buy on Amazon
Jack Valentini isn’t my type.
Sexy, brooding cowboys are fine in the movies, but in real life, I prefer a suit and tie. Proper manners. A close shave.
Jack might be gorgeous, but he’s also scruffy, rugged, and rude. He wants nothing to do with a “rich city girl” like me, and he isn’t afraid to say so.
But I’ve got a PR job to do for his family’s farm, so he’s stuck with me and I’m stuck with him. His glares. His moods. His tight jeans. His muscles.
His huge, hard muscles.
Pretty soon there’s a whole different kind of tension between us, the kind that has me misbehaving in barns, trees, and pickup trucks. I’ve never done anything so out of character—but it feels too good to stop.
And the more I learn about the grieving ex-Army sergeant, the better I understand him. Losing his wife left him broken and bitter and blaming himself. He doesn’t think he deserves a second chance at happiness.
But he’s wrong.
I don’t need to be his first love. If only he’d let me be his last.
Jack Valentini is a widow and he wants nothing to do with Margot Thurber Lewiston. He doesn’t care what type of help she has to offer for his farm. How can she know, a city girl! With more time spent together and the attraction getting stronger can the farmer really resist the city girl?
- I loved Margot, she was cute and spunky! Also determined to do her job even if Jack was so defiant of everything she talked about.
- Jack is snarky, moody and guilt ridden. He sort of at times actually annoyed me.
- I loved the secondary characters, they really brought the story to life. I want to know more about them.
- Lots of steamy, sexy scenes and people falling out of trees. I would have climbed a tree too…just sayin.
- Emotional, Funny and Heartwarming. I loved how the story plays out and the chemistry between the characters.
There wasn’t much I didn’t like about those book, only at times that Jack seemed to annoy me with his self destruction and his night and day attitude. I get it, I really do but it is still annoying.
This was my first time reading Melanie Harlow and I am hoping to read more from her. I loved her mix of humor and emotion, I enjoyed the sexy and steamy scenes and just overall enjoyed this book. I highly recommend!
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!