Published by Carina on August 25th 2015
Genres: 18+, Contemporary, New Adult, Romance, Sexual Content
Lydia Kincaid's shipping back to Boston, but she's not happy about it. She left to get away from the firefighting community—her father was a firefighter, her brother's a firefighter and, more important, her ex is a firefighter. But family is number one, and her father needs her help running the pub he bought when he retired. Soon, Lydia finds it hard to resist the familiar comfort and routine, and even harder to resist her brother's handsome friend Aidan.
Aidan Hunt is a firefighter because of the Kincaid family. He's had the hots for Lydia for years, but if ever a woman was off-limits to him, it's her. Aside from being his mentor's daughter, she's his best friend's sister. The ex-wife of a fellow firefighter. But his plan to play it cool until she leaves town again fails, and soon he and Lydia have crossed a line they can't uncross.
As Aidan and Lydia's flirtation turns into something more serious, Lydia knows she should be planning her escape. Being a firefighter's wife was the hardest thing she's ever done, and she doesn't know if she has the strength to do it again. Aidan can't imagine walking away from Boston Fire—even for Lydia. The job and the brotherhood are his life; but if he wants Lydia in it, he'll have to decide who's first in his heart.
Who doesn’t like a good firefighter book. I want to burn things just to make them come to my house…just kidding…maybe. I also have read another book by Shannon Stacey and loved her writing and story telling so I was excited to read this one.
Story & Characters:
- The story was a sort of friends to lovers but more of a life long friend of her brother.
- It’s against code to date a fellow firefighters sibling or ex. Oops!
- Aiden and Lydia are such a cute couple. I loved the interaction between them
- Lydia was a bit high strung, she needs to loosen up a bit. I felt a lot of her reasons for not dating Aiden were immature. Like you’re an adult!
- I hated Lydia’s Father, like didn’t like him at all. He tried to redeem himself at one point and I was just done with him.
- POV Switching was a little confusing because it was told in Multi POVs.
- I felt bad for Aiden, he seems to have the biggest weight on his shoulders for dating Lydia and the most to lose.
- The secondary characters are really cute and I look forward to reading more about the Boys of Boston Fire
Overall I really enjoyed this book, it has some very steamy scenes and some really cute moments between the characters. I actually liked Lydia’s Sister and Husband. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.Cute romance, steamy scenes and firefighters...it's really all you need 😉 4 star review! Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!