on September 19th 2017
Genres: 18+, Romance, Suspense, Young Adult
Source: BEA - Book Expo
In this New York Times bestselling sequel to Kerri Maniscalco's haunting #1 debut Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?
Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.
But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.
I was a huge fan of Stalking Jack the Ripper, I loved the first book and it’s the characters that keep me coming back. This one wasn’t as awesome as the first but I still enjoyed it.
- They mystery of Dracula was interesting and having the fear that Vlad the Impaler might still be roaming the halls of the old castle kept me engrossed in the book.
- I love Audrey Rose and Thomas Croswell, I love the banter between the two but in this book I felt like that wasn’t as up front as the first book. I also felt like he wasn’t in it enough.
- The Story is told in her POV but I wonder if I wished it was more in both of their POV.
- They spent a lot of time in classes and learning which I sort of felt was more than needed
- The story had a nice level of creepy and sort of makes you a little jumpy.
- Audrey is a very strong female character and I love her sharp thinking and strong will. She will have no boy or man tell her what to do or protect her. She is quite capable of taking care of herself.
- Thomas is dreamy but I wish their interest would advance a little more and a little more quickly. I love them together and he totally cracks me up.
Over all I enjoyed it, it wasn’t as awesome as the first but I am looking forward to the next story. Off to American to tangle with Houdini. Highly recommend this series, especially the first book.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!