I wanted something creepy, something to remind me of those days when I was younger and read point horror books. Well Small Spaces was exactly what I was looking for. I adored this book, some fun creepiness, really great MC and an interesting story.
- Ollie was just a great character, she was a very troubled girl but was so super strong and very smart. Such a great MC for young girls. She was a tough little cookie.
- Brian and Coco, turned out to be great additional characters and really helps Ollie along the way.
- The story was interesting and creepy, I loved reading the main story and the story in the book she found. I thought it set up things very nicely for what happens to the kids.
- I might not be able to look at scarecrows the same way again.
- My only issue was at some point a little after the middle I got a bit confused about the setting, like I think it needed a little more explanation.
- Character build was good, you learn a lot about Ollie and her family and about the family in the stolen book.
- The creepy was great, a few things are kind of gross, as an adult it wasn’t too bad but for younger kids this is a good scary story. (my daughter is reading it now and loving it)
Over all I really enjoyed this books, I got those old feeling back from when I was younger and the story was pretty interesting. I highly recommend this story, I don’t give out 5 stars often but this was a really awesome read and I love the cover! 🙂Good Creepy read just in time for October! Check out Michelle's Review of Small Spaces by Katherine Arden Click To Tweet
About the Author:
Born in Austin, Texas, Katherine Arden spent a year of high school in Rennes, France. Following her acceptance to Middlebury College in Vermont, she deferred enrollment for a year in order to live and study in Moscow. At Middlebury, she specialized in French and Russian literature. After receiving her BA, she moved to Maui, Hawaii, working every kind of odd job imaginable, from grant writing and making crêpes to guiding horse trips. Currently she lives in Vermont, but really, you never know.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my review.
Have a great day and Happy Reading!