I’m joining Anne @ Books of My Heart in listing some of my Top 10’s of 2020. It’s not too late to join in if you want! It’s fun to see everyone’s top 10 lists. Here’s the schedule:
- Today: Top 10 Audiobooks of 2020
- Tomorrow: Top 10 Book Covers of 2020
- Thursday: Top 10 Characters of 2020
- Friday: Top 10 Your Choice of 2020
- Saturday: Top 10 Books you want to read in 2021
Top 10 Audiobooks of 2020
These were my top 10 audio reads of the year. It’s harder to make this list than the print list because I read more audiobooks than anything. And there are a couple trilogies I’ve combined into 1 book (a small cheat). I should note that, while the narrators certainly help an audiobook and I can’t imagine a book making this list with a bad narrator, I’m choosing these books based on my love for the story, not the narration. I’ve linked to my reviews where I have them.
- Hot & Hammered Trilogy by Tessa Bailey. I read this trilogy out of order, starting with Love Her or Lose Her and it hit me in the feels so hard. The other books didn’t quite match that, but they were also pretty great, so the trilogy makes my list
- Hounded by Kevin Hearne. I’ve had this book on my list for YEARS. It was chosen for COYER book club and I’m so glad. I loved it.
- The Last Move by Mary Burton. If it weren’t for COYER book club I wouldn’t have discovered this book. I’m so glad it was chosen and I wish it was part of a series, I’d love to read more.
- LifeL1K3 by Jay Kristoff. Another COYER Book Club win! I need to continue with the series. It had quite a twist!
- Dying Wishes by Colleen Helme. I love this series and always enjoy the books. This one was exceptional though, definitely a favorite.
- Stupid, Stupid Girl by Atty Eve. I received this series for audio review and it was really up and down for me. But this book was the best – one of those get you in the gut endings.
- Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn. Man, another COYER book club read! This was light and fun and just what I needed back in April when I was adjusting to COVID Quarantine life.
- Golden in Death by JD Robb. I love this series so much. Book number #50 in the series and it still get me.
- Shadows in Death by JD Robb. This one was exceptionally good for a series that’s always great. I shed some tears. Book #51!! Wow!
- Shades of Magic Trilogy by VE Schwab. This was a COYER book club read for the first book and then I buddy read the other 2 with Anne. And they were progressively better and better. Definitely a top 10!