It’s time to celebrate FALL!
Reminder on how it works….
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. We’re going back to that as the basis, with some seasonal twists.
At the end of each season, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The last Thursday of each season (except December, where we’ll finish out the year), Michelle will randomly select and announce the winner for the season and share the sign up for the next season (including a reminder of the rules). This means that all reviews for the season must be in the linky by 12 noon EST on the last Wednesday of the month. Any reviews entered after 12 noon EST will go towards the next season. But keep following the current rules for the remainder of the month.
Each Season brings a new challenge so if you didn’t participate in Fall but want to Join Winter you are welcome to do that. You do not have to participate in all seasons, you can pick and choose which seasons you want to join.
The Winner for COYER Spring is….
I will email you on Friday! Congrats Anne! <3
COYER Fall: November – December
We’ve also never had a COYER Fall exactly before. But, much like the seasons, we’re going to start getting colder. The rules will get a little tighter, without completing icing you out. Your rules for the Fall (beginning October 1) will be:
- Format & price don’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and Audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books. They can be free, they can be $50. They can be Kindle Unlimited, borrowed, etc.
- Your books have to show up on the scavenger hunt list. We will be releasing a scavenger hunt list of 50 items today, so that you can plan. You can read an unlimited number of books per scavenger hunt item.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Fall, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky in todays post.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, Spring, and Summer but Michelle will start pulling winners after Summer reviews). When you post your review to the linky, identify which number it is from the scavenger hunt list. So use the normal format but add the item number at the end: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title Scavenger Hunt item # (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight #2).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter and Instagram Use #COYER for on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag or #COYERinstaq for Instagram
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
Scavenger Hunt List
Check out the scavenger hunt list and start planning! Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST December 22nd for them to be included in the Fall drawing.