Reminder on how it works….
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. We’re going back to that as the basis, with some seasonal twists.
At the end of each season, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The last Thursday of each season (except December, where we’ll finish out the year), Michelle will randomly select and announce the winner for the season and share the sign up for the next season (including a reminder of the rules). This means that all reviews for the season must be in the linky by 12 noon EST on the last Wednesday of the month. Any reviews entered after 12 noon EST will go towards the next season. But keep following the current rules for the remainder of the month.
Each Season brings a new challenge so if you didn’t participate in Spring but want to Join Summer you are welcome to do that. You do not have to participate in all seasons, you can pick and choose which seasons you want to join.
The Winner for COYER Summer is….
880 – Melissa The Reading Nerd – D*cked By Daddy
I will send you a message in a few days…Congratulations!
COYER Fall: October – December
We decided to make Fall be the season where we get to revisit some old COYER fun. Like last year, the rules will get a little tighter, without completely icing you out. Last year (2021) we gave you the scavenger hunt. This year, we bring you The List, The Strict, and The One with the Twist! COYER OG’s will remember this from Winter 2017-2018. We’ve adapted it for Fall… here are your rules (beginning October 1):
- Pick your COYER Experience. Pick to participate in The List, The Strict, or The One with the Twist for the entirety of COYER Fall. Here’s how each one works:
- The List: Make a list of books you want to read. Price, format, and where you get them from (legally) won’t matter, just like in the summer. Only the books you put on your sign-up list will count for COYER. You may put as many as you want on the list, but must read 50% of the list for them to count. So if I put 50 books, I have to read 25 of them. If I put 10, then I only have to read 5… but the most that can count are the original ten. So you have to gamble a little bit here
- The Strict: Fairly obvious here… follow the strict rules of COYER Winter.
- The One with the Twist: Pick your format and stick to it! You can choose print, eBook, or audiobook. It doesn’t matter the price or where you get the books from (legally). If they are in your chosen format, they count.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Fall, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share September 22nd.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, Spring, and Summer but Michelle will start pulling winners after Summer reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter. Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
Michelle will post the Fall winner on January 1st. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST December 31st for them to be included in the Fall drawing.
Well Anne convinced me to give it a try, so I’m in for my first COYER experience – the List it is. Will get it figured out so I can add it to my post. Looking forward to seeing what you all read!
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
I’m so glad to see you joining us.
Welcome!! I hope you have an amazing time and hope to see you bunches in the COYER group as well. We have so much fun there – such a great community!
I hope everyone has fun with this. I haven’t signed up for anything like this.
I’m in! I think I’ll be making a list. 🙂
Thanks so much Michelle for putting it together.
LOL Well I am all about the List! It’s for 3 months though. That’s going to be a LONG list.