Reminder on how it works….
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. We’re going back to that as the basis, with some seasonal twists.
At the end of each season, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The last Thursday of each season (except December, where we’ll finish out the year), Michelle will randomly select and announce the winner for the season and share the sign up for the next season (including a reminder of the rules). This means that all reviews for the season must be in the linky by 12 noon EST on the last Wednesday of the month. Any reviews entered after 12 noon EST will go towards the next season. But keep following the current rules for the remainder of the month.
Each Season brings a new challenge so if you didn’t participate in Spring but want to Join Summer you are welcome to do that. You do not have to participate in all seasons, you can pick and choose which seasons you want to join.
The Winner for COYER Winter is….
315. Kai@ Fiction Stateof Mind- SWLEgacy vol 2
I will be in touch via email to send your your gift card! Congrats!
COYER Summer: July – September
Like traditional COYER Summer it’s time to relax the rules all the way. Your rules for the Summer (beginning July 1) will be:
- Format doesn’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and Audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books.
- Price doesn’t matter anymore. They can be free, they can be $50. They can be Kindle Unlimited, borrowed, etc.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Summer, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share June 23rd.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter and Spring, but Michelle will start pulling winners after Spring reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter. We’re going to try and use twitter a lot more this year (like we used to). Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
Michelle will post the Summer winner and sign up for Fall on September 21st. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST September 22nd for them to be included in the Summer drawing. Any reviews entered after 12 noon September 22nd will go to the Fall drawing. Keep following Summer rules through the end of September. Fall Rules will begin October 1.